Vice President Biden Knows How To Work A Room

Say what you will about Vice President Joe Biden, but before the office of the Vice President was a secluded bunker in Dick Cheney Hell where new ways to torture human beings was considered foreign policy, Joe Biden has returned the office from an undisclosed location and brought it back to the American people.

I’m not saying he’s presidential material, but Vice President Biden has been involved with some the most important deals the Obama administration has had to make over the last four years. Everything from Recovery Act oversight, to last week’s ‘fiscal cliff’ ordeal, to heading up an administration team responsible for implementing some reasonable gun control measures. And what he did to Paul Ryan during the V.P. debate was nothing short of brilliant. He took shots every Democrat in the country wanted to take and he smiled and cried the whole way through. He stood up to the bullies in that debate and bloodied a nose for America. He’s earned his respect

But here’s Joe Biden last week at the swearing in ceremony not devising new ways to torture, conspire to make war, or profiting from war and the carving up of oil fields, or outing a CIA operative, or suppressing climate science, or… oh, you get the point:

YouTube Preview Image

“Anyone else want to be sworn in as a Senator today?”

(Via TPM)

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in White House and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/slanktree Susan Lanktree

    So nice to read your post here instead of Sulia which I just cannot get into.

    • mrbrink

      Oh, you should give Sulia a chance. It’s pretty good. I find it user-friendly and there’s some great liberal writers and newshounds passing through there with updated material minute by minute.

      You’ve obviously got exquisite taste when it comes to invariably sweet smelling political commentary, but I would be remiss if I didn’t point out that Bob and Ashby are much much sweeter smelling. ; )

      I have to agree with you, Susan.

      And aside from the fact that I have no interest in Sulia, I don’t understand why bloggers post there. After all, what you post on Sulia could instead be posted on your blog (and garner your blog traffic, rather than Sulia), and as far as social media is concerned, I would be very surprised to see it go anywhere.

      I see it as redundant and social media overkill.

      Edit: I guess I can see the point of posting a blurb to Sulia if you include a link to a post on your blog.

    Brink, this made me happy. Too often, Joe Biden is the butt of jokes (which is, I grant you, in part his own doing).

    That said, he absolutely does reserve our utmost respect because he has been exactly what the president needed this past four years………a person of unquestionable loyalty who will go to the wall for his president and his country.

    • mrbrink

      It’s been a change of compass for that office that I wasn’t sure we as a country were capable of anymore before Barack Obama came along, Nicole.

      President Obama made/makes everyone better. But he made Joe Biden a bona fide hero.

        “President Obama made/makes everyone better. But he made Joe Biden a bona fide hero.”

        Agreed.

        Personally, I feel that President Obama was so much more than I expected in 2008. He is a hero also in my eyes.

  • muselet

    Joe Biden doesn’t get nearly enough credit for abilities, and thanks for pointing that out, Brink.

    He is also, one-on-one, one of the most effective and effortless politicians around. Forget the schtick (“You have a smile that lights up the room.”), watch how Biden interacts with individuals. Unless he’s an Oscar-quality actor—or an utter sociopath—he really likes people and genuinely enjoys this sort of meet-and-greet. Joe Biden is the sly, teasing, twinkling-eyed, slightly naughty Irish uncle most of us don’t have.

    A politician who gives every outward sign of being a decent human being. Imagine that.

    –alopecia