White House Responds to an Imperial Petition

Here’s the administration’s response to a petition calling for the construction of a Death Star. Yes, The Death Star.

The Administration shares your desire for job creation and a strong national defense, but a Death Star isn’t on the horizon. Here are a few reasons:

–The construction of the Death Star has been estimated to cost more than $850,000,000,000,000,000. We’re working hard to reduce the deficit, not expand it.
–The Administration does not support blowing up planets.
–Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?

However, look carefully (here’s how) and you’ll notice something already floating in the sky — that’s no Moon, it’s a Space Station! Yes, we already have a giant, football field-sized International Space Station in orbit around the Earth that’s helping us learn how humans can live and thrive in space for long durations.

Why does the Obama administration hate The Empire?

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Movies and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Has the Right freaked out about the breadth of the administration’s pop-culture knowledge yet?

    –Why would we spend countless taxpayer dollars on a Death Star with a fundamental flaw that can be exploited by a one-man starship?
    BWAH-HA-HA-HA-HAAAA! Good one.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    That whole response is just smothered with awesomesauce. Particularly the reference to this.

  • No_Unkindness_to_Bears

    “Why does the Obama administration hate The Empire?” More importantly, why is Obama weak on planet destruction? Probably ’cause he is too busy apologizing for America. Benghazi.

    bwahahaha…….this is just freaking awesome!! GO, White House!

  • mrbrink

    “Remember, the Death Star’s power to destroy a planet, or even a whole star system, is insignificant next to the power of the Force.”

    Republicans want to know where they can get some of that Force stuff.

    My god, I could give you guys links to sites where they have calculated the full volume of the Death Star and its probable cost in men and materials. All dating back to the wonderful days of Star Trek vs Star Wars.
    Ahh! Those were the days.