Wisconsin Sheriff: The Police Suck, So Get a Gun!

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke aired a radio ad in which he told residents that they really can’t rely upon 911 any more, and therefore they must use firearms to defend themselves.

I’m Sheriff David Clarke, and I want to talk to you about something personal…your safety. It’s no longer a spectator sport; I need you in the game, but are you ready?

With officers laid-off and furloughed, simply calling 9-1-1 and waiting is no longer your best option. You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back; but are you prepared? Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. You have a duty to protect yourself and your family. We’re partners now. Can I count on you?

Nice to hear coming from law enforcement: ‘We’re totally incompetent, so you’re on your own. Fire away!’

This is another nice Republican side-effect of budget cuts and eliminating “government workers.” Fewer police equals more gun ownership.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JimmyAbra

    “Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there. ”

    How would they know they need to come if you don’t call 911?

    Also re-posting from another comment:

    I caught some of this on the news and it almost seemed like the excuse for saying this nonsense was “we don’t have money for a police force, so spend (more) money on protecting yourself than the (less) tax money needed to get the police force needed”

    • MiddleMittenLiberal

      Gee, I wonder how much it is for the gun training?

  • trgahan

    How can I turn a “I really don’t want to do my job” message like Sheiff Clarke’s into a principled statement? Another day..another stupid excuse for more guns.

    Also, first we had to have the kitchen table discussion to tighten our belts…now we each are told to spend $100′s to $1,000′s on guns to make up for the $10′s per citizen in taxes we cut from public service budgets. These people are NOT on your side America!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Gee, Wisconsin. You elect a bunch of Randroids like Paul Ryan and Scott Walker and you’re surprised that this is the result?