With Democrats Like These, Who Needs Republicans?

Freshman Senator Heitkamp (D-ND) thinks the president’s (totally unannounced) gun control proposals are too extreme. Yes, really.

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.) on Sunday panned the White House’s reported gun-control proposals as “extreme.” […]

“I think you need to put everything on the table, but what I hear from the administration — and if the Washington Post is to be believed — that’s way — way in extreme of what I think is necessary or even should be talked about. And it’s not going to pass,” said Heitkamp.

Nah. Nope. Even if the president proposed a series of gun laws like Australia, it wouldn’t be too “extreme” especially knowing that Congress will surely whittle it all down to something lesser-than. Instead, he’s starting from a compromised position — and it’s definitely not “extreme.”

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    Good to know our newest Senator is getting her information from the Washington Post. Is she really basing her statement on what she “hears from the administration” or on what she’s heard that the administration says?

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    You’d think a freshman would be smart enough to learn the party position and do some research on her own before shooting her mouth off at the nearest reporter after reading ONE bloody article in a beltway rag.
    Sheesh, now I have to listen to the “both sides do it” meme from a certain relative again.

  • Roberta_in_MN

    She wants to be seen, heard etc. make a name for herself. She is putting on the RWNJ’s talking points. If the new Senators and congress people start believing what the MSM is say, she has a lot a lot to learn, what her job is. Learn and keep your mouth shut for the first year.

  • Brent Thomson

    She’s a Democrat from a red state who won election by a few thousand votes. I think she’s playing it cool to appease the NRA into ignoring her when it comes to re-election and not throwing money to the Republicans in ND so she has an easier time running 6 years from now. Although by then she’d be an incumbent senator and she’d be more likely to be reelected than her opponent. I think watering down gun control laws is stupid and I’d be more furious if she actually tried to do that. She may be just sounding off for appearance’s sakes. ND and MN are states that are heavily into hunting and fishing.

    “I think you need to put everything on the table…

    but what I hear from the administration… that’s way — way in extreme of what I think… should be talked about.”

    A slight contradiction?