A Floating Sewer

The Floating Sewer
Artist – Bob Englehart

In other news, home prices reportedly went up in 88 percent of U.S. cities in the fourth quarter of 2012, marking the biggest gains in the housing market since 2005.

This entry was posted in Housing Market, Open Thread and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Can anyone explain to me why the cruise line didn’t get those people off that fucking boat? It’s not like it was a starliner adrift somewhere in the Badlands between Bajor and Cardassia.

    • http://twitter.com/wbtphdjd William B. Turner

      It would cost too much. They would need a boat of comparable size, or multiple boats, and the only boats of comparable size were off on successful, profitable cruises elsewhere, so one couldn’t really divert them to a rescue mission.

    • JozefAL

      Bob, I absolutely LOVED your analogy.

    • msadesign

      And getting people off a boat on the open ocean is not a trivial exercise. 4000 people? how to move them– on shuttles? 15 at a time?

  • msadesign

    88 percent? I wonder if you mean 8.8% maybe?