A Time That Never Existed

Cure The Deficit

Artist – Tim Eagan

Here’s a supercut of last night’s meteor impact for all of your disaster-porn viewing needs on this Friday night.

The current number of people injured by the impact stands at 1,100 with no confirmed deaths.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    The thing that I find frightening about this is that there were hundreds of reports about the ‘near-miss’ asteriod approaching earth for weeks. Yet with all the telescopes, with all the satellites and with all the technology of today at hand, and mankind with with all the kings horses and all the kings men……. we never saw this bad baby coming at all.
    I mean to say, holy crap!

    • http://twitter.com/tlavely Tony Lavely

      I think it has to do with the relative sizes. Added to the sheer volume of space it could appear in. Oh, is that like science?
      And I’m sure some (not Bob’s readers, of course) will think, well, not here, so it’s ok. Like gun massacres.