Birtherism: Still Alive

Birtherism isn’t dead yet, and Michigan state Senator Tom Casperson (R) says it’s very strange that the media didn’t dig deeper into this non-scandal.

“I don’t know because it seems like that issue was dropped immediately as far as the major media went,” Casperson told host Michael Patrick Shiels. “My gut tells me if it had been a different president, like say George W. Bush, they’d have been digging into that like there was no tomorrow, trying to get to the bottom of, which they never really did try to get to the bottom of. So it became a conspiracy theory and no big deal.”

Shiels asked Casperson if he found it “weird” that the country now had a commander in chief entering a second term who “may not even be technically, legally qualified to be president?”

“I think it’s strange, again, that it’s not being looked at by certain groups that normally would,” Casperson said.

No one asked if George W. Bush was born in this country because he’s white. And compared to the everyday life experiences of people of color, being white in America is equivalent to using a fast pass to bypass the TSA at the airport even though you have a rapier sheathed at your side.

There is no mystery.

This entry was posted in Birthers, Racism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Ipecac

    This guy has a point! The media (and almost all Republicans) dropped it IMMEDIATELY after only four years of the usurper’s Administration. Oh, except those who didn’t drop it and still bring it up all the time. And it’s “weird” and “strange” how many people dropped it after he produced an actual birth certificate.

  • 1933john

    It’s a fast food fix for the base, sole food not included.

  • Nefercat

    This moronic horse’s ass is my state senator.

    • Draxiar

      Nefercat, I’ll share with you my Senator: Elizabeth Warren.

        Oh, if only you could share her with the rest of us!

        • Draxiar

          There’s room for everyone!

      • MiddleMittenLiberal

        We should be so lucky!

  • bphoon

    Tell me please: What color is the sky on this guy’s home planet?

  • Draxiar

    Here’s what baffles me about the whole birther thing: I learned in early social studies classes (and obviously alot of others didn’t nor have they researched the qualifications- a search on the USCIS website tells you this in the first section of the page!) that if you have even just one parent that is an American citizen you are also an American citizen regardless of where you were born (Barack was born in Hawaii…I think that qualifies). So either the birthers are ignorant or they’re just using this excuse because it twists their knickers into knots that a progressive darker skinned man is in the White House…and he’s smarter than they are…much smarter.

      Well, different birthers are basing their claims on different things. Some say he wasn’t born in HI. Some say he was born in HI but because his Dad is foreign, it doesn’t count. It must be nice and easy to make reality fit your narrative instead of the other way around.