CPAC Snubs Chris Christie

I still firmly believe that the conservative far-right will hold a very long grudge against Christie for the Sandy debacle, and it will prevent him from winning the nomination in 2016. For instance:

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) has still not received an invite to speak at this year’s upcoming Conservative Political Action Conference, NBC News reported on Monday.

While Christie’s name was not included on an earlier list of invitees released by organizers at the American Conservative Union, the group told the Huffington Post that the schedule had not yet been finalized.

It remains unclear if the ACU will change its mind, but Christie’s absence at the largest annual gathering of conservatives would likely end up raising questions, as the group has rounded up a thorough collection of potential GOP 2016 presidential candidates — all included on the list of initial invitees — to address the conference.

This entry was posted in Chris Christie and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • bphoon

    They’re turning on him already. I’m gonna go pop some popcorn.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Well, that’s what happens when you say nice things about the Kenyan Usurper(tm).

  • http://www.facebook.com/dbettino666 David Bettino

    You can have him.

  • Jado

    Honestly I will be happy if Christie turns against the national GOP and just tries to do well in NJ. When he was a GOP darling, he killed the new PATH tunnel and dropped taxes on the ultra-rich while ranting about teachers’ pensions. Now that the national GOP hates him for Sandy, maybe he can just be a old-time Repub governor and screw us just a LITTLE. And then go quietly into retirement.

    At this point, I’ll take what I can get and thank my stars that he’s not like Scott Walker or Rick Snyder or Rick Scott.