Dick Cheney Is Not Impressed

In a speech to the Wyoming GOP on Saturday, former Vice President Dick Cheney voiced some ominous warnings about WMDs president Obama’s cabinet and overall foreign policy approach.

Via Raw Story:

“The performance now of Barack Obama as he staffs up the national security team for the second term is dismal,” he said. “Frankly, what he has appointed are second-rate people,” he added.

Oh, Dick Cheney. How we miss your first-rate handling of 9/11, the invasion of Iraq, the capture of Bin Laden, the torture of captive human beings, and all that first rate fear-mongering and war profiteering you brought to the office.

Stay classy.

This entry was posted in Far-right Intellectual Violence, Foreign Policy, History, International Relations, Iraq, Lying Liars, Middle East, Military, Republican Party, Security, Terrorism and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Oh, do go away, Mr. Cheney.

    –alopecia

  • i_a_c

    The neocons are fucking terrified because Barack Obama has managed to convince a large chunk of the public that wars are tools of last resort. But he couldn’t have done that without the help of Dick himself. He and his band of miscreants lied us into the war in Iraq while promising it would be a brief incursion. He helped take our eyes off the ball (and bin Laden) in Afghanistan, effectively lengthening both wars. He gave no-bid contracts to his old buddies at Halliburton, and now he is scared they’ll be taken away.

    It’s been a long slog but we are inching closer and closer to erasing the disastrous Bush-era foreign policy.

      Yeah, but we’ll be dealing with the consequences, all those damaged returning soldiers, for many decades to come. This is what makes me the angriest. That Cheney and his henchman played with the lives of our soldiers to sooth their underfed egos and line their pockets. He is truly a vile human being.

      • i_a_c

        You’re right, I should have included more reverence for those killed or injured, physically or mentally, in the wars. That will be a lasting stain of the Cheney-Bush legacy.

  • D_C_Wilson

    1. Osama bin Laden – Dead

    2. Iraqi Invasion – Done

    3. Qaddafi – Dead

    4. New missile control treaty – Signed.

    5. Afghanistan War – Winding done.

    6. Number of lawyers shot in the face by VP Biden – Zero

    I can see why Cheney thinks this record is “dismal”.

    “How we miss your first-rate handling of 9/11, the invasion of
    Iraq, the capture of Bin Laden, the torture of captive human beings, and
    all that first rate fear-mongering and war profiteering you brought to
    the office.”

    So true, Brink!

    Personally, I really miss the fear when they’d amp up the color alert thing. [NOT!]

  • JMAshby

    Nuke-uh-lur weapons, terrsts, terrsts, terrsts, 911, 911, 911, saddam, saddam, saddam

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlofjKEkSrA

    • i_a_c

      Holy shit. I don’t have the vocabulary to express my contempt for Giuliani.

  • eljefejeff

    nice post Mr. Brink but I believe you meant to write “…..the non-capture of Bin Laden….”

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Dick Cheney needs to get on with dying – as a goodwill gesture to mankind.

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    Why are we concerned with this old, undead man?! My God, he’s like Jason Voorhees, Dracula, and Pat Robertson all rolled into one. No matter how much he’s declared dead, at the end you just know he’s coming back.