Gingrich: It’s PBO’s Fault Republicans Don’t Back Immigration Reform

This may be among one of Newt Gingrich’s most honest moments in his life.

“An Obama plan led and driven by Obama in this atmosphere with the level of hostility towards the president and the way he goads the hostility I think is very hard to imagine that bill, that his bill is going to pass the House,” Gingrich said. “I think that negotiated with a Senate immigration bill that has to have bipartisan support could actually get to the president’s desk.”

According to Newt Gingrich, it’s unlikely Republicans will approve immigration reform because they hate the president, and it’s the president’s fault that they hate him.

For the crime of Presidenting While Black, and for continuously backing his political opponents into a corner wherein they self-destruct, Republicans in congress will not go along with any attempt at immigration reform that bears his signature.

That’s not to say this is new information, because it isn’t. In fact, a recent poll revealed that self-identified Republicans are far more likely to back immigration reform if it isn’t associated with the president. However, this level of naked admission is remarkable.

As we’ve discussed here before, the alternative immigration reform plan proposed by House conservatives is unacceptable in that it would codify and enshrine a permanent underclass of non-citizens.

This entry was posted in Congress, Ethics, Immigration, President Obama and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Treading_Water

    Shorter Newt:
    “We’ve painted ourselves into a corner, and that damn Obama keeps handing us more paint”

      He doesn’t have to hand them any paint. They seem to be producing their own paint from bile.

    “Presidenting While Black”
    hahaahaha!

    So true. Hell, they couldn’t be any more transparent, the idiots.

  • mrbrink

    Such a victim complex. It’s the new GOP!

    [Fine print: Same GOP, with new and improved pathetically insincere grievances and concerns]

    When Republican operatives claim that “Americans want both sides to work together” to solve issues like immigration, or whatever, as they did on Meet The Press yesterday, and the president should stop all his big government liberal dreams of social justice and stop attacking success, they are NOT the Americans for which they speak.