Going Mainstream

Artist – Bill Day

In other news, the Colorado House of Representatives voted for several stricter gun control measures today including a bill that limits the size of magazines and a bill mandating universal background checks.

This entry was posted in Open Thread, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    I think there’s an infringement of the Right to Keep and Bear Arms that has gone unnoticed and unchallenged, and I think it’s about time this affront to freedom be exposed.

    The Second Amendment gives me an absolute, unequivocal, unconditional right to Keep and Bear Arms. It is my natural, inherent, God-given right to have any Arms I want. However, there is an ubiquitous, universal restriction on this right, and a condition of exercising it, that is completely inconsistent with the intentions of our Founding Fathers.

    I’m talking about the requirement that I pay for whatever guns I choose to own. I can’t own a gun unless I give money to the person who made it, or to the person selling it on the maker’s behalf. If I want a gun, and someone tells me I can’t have one unless I give up my hard-earned money, that person is infringing on my rights. If I have a right to own guns, I shouldn’t have to give anything to anyone in order to exercise that right.

    Gun manufacturers and sellers, therefore, not to mention the manufacturers of all other manner of firearms and weaponry, are systematically infringing on the Second Amendment rights of responsible, law-abiding Americans by forcing them to purchase their weapons, instead of giving them away free of charge. This is especially true if the weapon any citizen wants is too expensive for him/her to buy; charging more than I can afford for the weapon I want is a very serious infringement of my rights.

    So I say, stop the tyranny of gun manufacturers and sellers, infringing on our rights by making us pay for guns.

    • mrbrink

      Looks like a job for… The Commerce Clause!

  • i_a_c

    Anybody watching/watched the Hubris documentary on MSNBC about the Iraq war?

    I’m just getting pissed off all over again. Thank goodness we’re finally the hell out of there.

    • ninjaf

      We DVRed it…planning to get pissed off all over again at a later time.