Keepin’ it Classy

Hot off the heels of word that FreedomWorks produced a fake panda on Hillary sex tape, the think tank’s Arizona state director apparently hatched a plan yesterday to distribute Valentine’s day cards featuring dictators who opposed anti-union legislation.

This morning, Stephen Viramontes, the state director of FreedomWorks in Arizona in 2012, wrote on his Twitter page that he would “be down at the Capitol shortly to give a few legislators some (Valentine’s Day) cards.” The post included a photo of a card that featured a drawing of Hitler along with the words “Be Mein.” [...]

The other cards in the set Viramontes indicated he planned to distribute featured dictators Fidel Castro, Joseph Stalin and Mao Zedong. Two other political philosophers, Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky, were also featured on cards.

Because if you support unions, you’re just like Pol Pot!

According to Viramontes himself, there was more to this stunt than his own personal, uninformed amusement.

Viramontes said FreedomWorks is considering a large-scale grassroots effort in Arizona to pass legislation designed to limit the ability of public employee unions to collect money from their members for use in political efforts.

Under different circumstances I may be more concerned about an astroturf grassroots movement aimed at curtailing the political influence of unions, but knowing that the disjointed frathouse known as FreedomWorks is masterminding it provides me some comfort.

This entry was posted in Unions, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.createsuccessseminars.com/ weshopper

    Unfortunately the AZ legislature is run by the bat-shit crazy crowd that goose-steps to the commands of Freedom (sic) Works and their ilk. Who knows what they’ll do? They’ve tried hard to kill unions previously so you can expect more of the same.

      My thought exactly. It doesn’t matter how disjointed FreedomWorks is, in AZ all you need is an evil conservative plan and it’s a shoe in to pass.

      • bphoon

        Same same with Kansas, especially since the last election. Batshit crazy wing of the GOP has the governor’s office and super majorities in both houses of the legislature and they’re busy right now cumming all over themselves with dreams of creating a Red State utopia right in the heart of the USA. More abortion restrictions, anti-union bills, more stringent voter ID laws, SoS Kris Kobach trying to get prosecutorial authority over voter fraud cases as well as trying to turn what are now misdemeanors into felonies. Oughta be a real sweet deal here pretty soon, if you’re an unconscious moron.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    I swear, these people are teenagers. This is high-school crap.

      Immaturity keeps coming up when we talk about these guys. Maybe it really is a case of “arrested development”!

      • GrafZeppelin127

        Seriously, are these people who got picked on in 9th grade and now think they’re getting revenge?

    • Victor_the_Crab

      More like the mentally handicapped that need to wear helmets at all times and ride a small yellow bus wherever they go.

  • muselet

    So according to Stephen Viramontes—and, presumably, FreedomWorks Arizona—if you support the right of workers to organize, you’re a dictator. On the other hand, limiting the rights of workers means you support freedom.

    The mind, he boggles.

    –alopecia