Lacking Self-Awareness, John McCain Accuses Someone of Being Unqualified

Two weeks ago Senator John McCain said he would not join the filibuster of Chuck Hagel’s confirmation as Secretary of Defense, but on the following day he broke his pledge and joined the Republican party’s filibuster anyway.

Fast forward to yesterday, and McCain predicted that Hagel would be confirmed, but signaled that he may not vote for him because he believes Hagel is unqualified.

(Reuters) – Republican Senator John McCain on Sunday said his former colleague Chuck Hagel was not qualified to be U.S. defense secretary but the Senate would likely vote on his nomination rather than hold it up with procedural hurdles. [...]

“I do not believe that Chuck Hagel, who is a friend of mine, is qualified to be secretary of defense,” McCain of Arizona said on CNN’s “State of the Union” show.

John McCain have have chosen to selectively black out his memory of selecting Sarah Palin as his vice presidential running mate in 2008, but we haven’t. And until McCain apologizes for Palin, any attempt to accuse someone else of being unqualified should be met with mockery.

This entry was posted in Ethics, John McCain, Sarah Palin and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • DetroitSam

    Ask Jonh Mccain about his role in causing the fire in the USS Forrestal back in 1967. Also, too, ask why his military records were sealed by his admiral father?

      I’ve told a ton of people what a sh*tty pilot he was and how we was near the bottom of his West Point graduating class, if not at the very bottom. Standard response was either “you’re lying” or “he’s still better than Obama”. Haters gotta hate.

      Well, part of it was that he finished the Naval Academy next to dead last in his class. Since the navy only takes the top ten percent or so into flight training, Daddy had to intervene to get his flunky son into aviation training.

  • PharmDude

    John McCain was for Chuck Hagel before he was against him – in fact, he said, “I’d be honored to have Chuck with me in any capacity,” in an interview with the New York Times in 2006. “He’d make a great secretary of state,” McCain said.

    http://www.peacock-panache.com/2013/02/jon-stewart-takes-down-john-mccain-over.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PeacockPanache+(Peacock+Panache)

  • bphoon

    …until McCain apologizes for Palin, any attempt to accuse someone else of being unqualified should be met with mockery.

    Hear, hear! With friends like McCain, who needs enemies?

  • muselet

    I might be slightly more inclined to take John McCain seriously if he articulated a reason why he thinks Chuck Hagel is unqualified to be Secretary of Defense. The best he’s managed so far has been to complain that Hagel didn’t mindlessly toe the Republican line on Iraq.

    –alopecia