Larry Pratt: Stop Offending Gun Nuts or We’ll Shoot

I don’t think it would be a stretch to say this statement from Larry Pratt of Gun Owners of America sounds like a threat.

“When the colonists said you’ve become a tyrant, stop it, and when he wouldn’t stop, we shot, and we got rid of your King,” Pratt said, who went on to liken Obama to King George III.

Pratt said that President Obama “should remember King George III’s experience” as he “seems to forget that he was democratically elected.”

This is a ridiculous comparison because Larry Pratt and his cult of followers are represented by our democratically elected government, but merely being represented in government doesn’t mean you are entitled to having it your way. And contrary to the example set by today’s Republican party, the motto is majority rule, not minority rule.

I suppose if you’re a patriarchal, privileged, paranoid, old white guy clinging to your guns and religion, “democracy” means something else entirely.

This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Oh, dear, Mr. Pratt’s off his meds again.

    –alopecia

  • http://www.barkbarkwoofwoof.com Mustang Bobby

    Mr. Pratt implies that the American revolutionaries assassinated George
    III. In fact, he died in 1820, some forty-five years after the American
    revolution, of porphyria.

    So this dude is threatening the president with a blood disease?

  • chris castle

    That must have been one hell of a musket to hit your target across the Atlantic Ocean.

  • priscianusjr

    It’s even stupider because AMERICAN President Obama, unlike George III, was just re-ELECTED by a majority of the AMERICAN people.