Lindsey Graham Pledges to Continue Being a Partisan Ass. For Reasons.

Lindsey Graham is still boinking that chicken.

During his appearance on CBS’ Face the Nation yesterday, Graham pledged to place a hold on both Chuck Hagel and John Brennan. Because Benghazi.

via ThinkProgress

BOB SCHIEFFER (HOST): I’m not sure I understand. What do you plan to do if they don’t give you an answer? Are you going to put a hold on these two nominations?

GRAHAM: Yes…How could Susan Rice come on to your show and say there’s no evidence of a terrorist attack when the Secretary of Defense and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs said they knew that night? I think that was a misleading narrative three weeks before our election.

SCHIEFFER: Let me just make sure, because you’re about to make some news here, I think. You are saying that you are going to block the nominations — you’re going to block them from coming to a vote until you get an answer to this? Now, John McCain has already said he doesn’t think the Republicans ought to filibuster this. What will you do? You’re just going to put a hold on it? [...]

GRAHAM: I want to know who changed the talking points. Who took the references to Al Qaeda out of the talking points given to Susan Rice? We still don’t know…. I want to know what our president did. What did he do as commander in chief? Did he ever pick up the phone and call anybody? I think this is the stuff the country needs to know.

The Senate Homeland Security Committee has already issued a report on the matter and concluded that several of our intelligence agencies, including the FBI and CIA, had a hand in botching the early analysis.

It’s possible Lindsey Graham didn’t get the memo just as he failed to attend a detailed briefing on the matter because he was too busy holding a press conference alongside John McCain to demand more details.

At this point, even Graham’s closest colleagues are probably sick of hearing about it.

This entry was posted in Assholery, Jackassery, Libya, Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • GrafZeppelin127

    I get so sick of politicians squawking, “We don’t know [X], we don’t know [Y], we don’t know, we don’t know.”

    No, Senator. YOU don’t know. Just because you don’t know, doesn’t mean “we” don’t know.

    When I was a teacher, the first three words out of any student’s (or parent’s) mouth when they discovered that they failed or got a lower grade than expected because of something they neglected to do, 99% of the time, were “I didn’t know.” I got so sick of hearing this that I came up with my own three-word retort: “Start knowing things.”

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      Well said.
      The only reason for his irrational behavior I can think of is that Lindsay is a closeted gay up for re-election in a southern teabag district.
      I don’t know any other reason why he would still be milking this goat week after week after week.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Your lips to Lindsey Graham’s ears. In a very, very loud voice so that it can penetrate his dense skull.

  • Draxiar

    What’s he looking for? Answers…to what? I’ve lost track of why he’s doinking this particular chicken.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      My guess is he’s lonley.

  • jimtowndem

    Lindsey Graham is not doing this because he is a closet gay, who cares if he is or not. he is not doing it to find out what happened because he already know what happened. he is only blocking nominations because he wants to stop that nigger in the white house from doing anything.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      I dont disagree with your comment but when you ask… “who cares if he is or not”?….. I’d have to say the bigots who vote in his state care and I think Lindsay knows it too.
      Just sayin’

  • muselet

    There is so much wrong with what Lindsey Graham said, I have to conclude he’s either an utter moron or he’s a partisan hack desperate to avoid a primary challenge.

    As far as I can tell, Lindsey Graham is not a moron.

      What makes you think they are mutually exclusive possibilities?

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    Something tells me that Lindsay saw his friend Saxby next door have to quit out of fear of being primaried and he is doing all he can to be more of a buttplug than usual.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Apparently, Lindsey’s new hobby horse is he wants to know why Obama didn’t personally fly out to Benghazi to act as a human shield or something. It’s all because the republicans are conveniently ignoring half of Panetta’s statement about when and how the president was briefed.

    Someone just give him his binky and tell him to STFU.