McCain: It’s Personal

Why did Senator John McCain claim he wouldn’t filibuster Chuck Hagel, then go ahead and do so anyway? Because Chuck Hagel hurt his feelings over five years ago.

McCAIN: But to be honest with you, Neil, it goes back to there’s a lot of ill will towards Senator Hagel because when he was a Republican, he attacked President Bush mercilessly and say he was the worst President since Herbert Hoover and said the surge was the worst blunder since the Vietnam War, which was nonsense. He was anti-his own party and people — people don’t forget that. You can disagree but if you’re disagreeable, then people don’t forget that.

Long-in-the-tooth Republicans like McCain may never get over the fact that the Bush Administration and everything it entailed was an awesome failure. They can’t acknowledge it, they can’t accept it, and they can’t move past it.

This entry was posted in Congress, Ethics, Iraq, John McCain and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    I’m sorry, but this bitter and spiteful little man with such a bad temper should not be in any position of power. And when I couple his temperment with his proven irresponsible behavior and dangerous selection of a nincompoop running mate during his bid for the whitehouse, I thank my lucky stars that we only have to tolerate this level of annoyance from McGrumpy’s petty tantrums.

  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s always personal with McCain. He is the pettiest, sorest loser in the world. He claimed the mantle of “maverick” not out of any kind of principle, but because he was pissed about how Bush not only took the 2000 nomination when it was McCain’s “turn”, but he did it by playing dirty.

    Then he invested in the necon agenda when he saw a second chance to get the nomination. And he’s never gotten over losing in 2008 to a, well, you know.

    McCain said he was satisfied with the answers he got about Benghazi. That’s because it was never about Benghazi. It was just him being a little pissy-pants bitch. He hates that the president who beat him nominated a conservative republican who had the nerve to speak the truth.

    These things can never be forgiven.

      “McCain said he was satisfied with the answers he got about Benghazi.
      That’s because it was never about Benghazi. It was just him being a
      little pissy-pants bitch. He hates that the president who beat him
      nominated a conservative republican who had the nerve to speak the
      truth.”

      Nailed it, DC!

    • nathkatun7

      Excellent comment, D_C_Wilson! For McCain and the other GOP senators this is all about holding a grudge against a fellow Republican who dared to speak the TRUTH. It’s Chuck Hagel who truly deserves the mantle of “Maverick” and not John McCain.

  • MrDHalen

    Pot-Meet-Kettle!

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Fuck off, McCain! You, of all people, should know just how vicious and rotten your fellow Republicans are after Team Bush/Rove spread rumors about you adopting a “black baby” just to turn southern Republicans off of you for the 2000 Republican presidential bid. Have you become that senile? Or do you purposely hope the public doesn’t remember that?

    • TiredOfThePhonies

      They first claimed that McCain’s adopted daughter was actually a love child with a black woman.

    • nathkatun7

      I find American politics so bizarre and puzzling. The G.W. Bush/Rove team savaged John McCain in 2000. But McCain is now angry that Chuck Hagel dared to tell the TRUTH about the Bush administration. By the way, I am equally puzzled about the cozy relationship between John McCain (Lindsey Graham’s best friend) and the Clintons. Lindsey Graham was one of the people spearheading the impeachment of Bill Clinton in 1998. He argued passionately, before the Senate, that Bill Clinton who had been impeached by the House of Representatives, should be removed from office. Guess who agreed with Graham? It was John McCain! McCain was one of the 50 Republican Senators who voted to convict Bill Clinton of “High Crimes and Misdemeanors” and remove him from office. Nowadays, however, John McCain, who hates President Obama so much, loves the Clintons, both Bill and Hillary.

      • mzmijewski

        I think they are secret lovers. McCain and Lindsey that is.

  • hanadora444

    Sorest. Loser. Ever. And the recent election probably brought back all those feelings. So, of course he’s going to attack a fellow Republican who teams up with that dreadful Obama. But even he realizes how petty that sounds so he’s flailing around for alternative reasons for his recent behavior. But nobody buysn that he’s doing this to defend the honor of Geroge W Bush whose operatives savaged McCain’s family back in 2000.

  • disqus_H43oDE39Hf

    john McCain is a angry old rich white man and that make him dangerous, but if america still have not seen the republican party for the racist a hole that they are they will sink this country now it time to vote their a hole out in 2014 so this country can move on, this man is a nut