New Cheers

Artist – Tim Eagan

In other news, the U.S. Treasury ran a small budget surplus during the month of January.

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — The U.S. government ran a budget surplus of $3 billion in January, the Treasury Department reported on Tuesday, the first monthly surplus since September 2012. The surplus was driven by a 16% increase in revenues compared to January 2012, including from the expiration of a temporary payroll-tax cut at the end of 2012.

President Obama will deliver the State of the Union Address tonight at 9 p.m. EST.

    Yes. President Obama will deliver the State Of The Union address tonight, and Ted Nugent will be there as an honorary guest of the Republican party– an unhinged psychopath who kills small animals will spend the entire night fantasizing about the many ways he could assassinate the president from his honorary seat.

    If there was ever any ambiguity over the GOP’s treasonous motivations, this is like ripping off their wife-beater shirt and revealing their Swastika tattoo at the dinner table.

      It is unthinkable that this creepy loon is allowed to be there! Makes me sick. Goddammit, I hate these fucking people.

      • mrbrink

        And as President Obama speaks about fairness and equality, economic and social justice, national security and jobs, and lays out a coherent outline for the challenges we’re facing, and have overcome, Republicans are offering Ted Nugent as a physical manifestation of their rebuttal.

        Right about now, Ted Nugent has already settled on a compound bow for the kill shot, he’s a purist, and is fighting the urge to shit his pants in euphoric pleasure over the thought of being manhandled by secret service.

          I wish the Secret Service would jump the miserable little prick!

          • mrbrink

            Going over the Rubio response right now.

            I can’t stop laughing.

            Lots of good stuff, but a quote from Marco Rubio’s rebuttal tonight was revealing:

            “And we agree with the President that we should lower our corporate tax rate, which is one of the highest in the world, so that companies will start bringing their money and their jobs back here from overseas.”

            That’s a fairly benign sounding quote, and nothing alarming on the surface, but this bit Republicans keep playing where they pretend to agree with President Obama over the corporate tax rate reveals their true nature:

            Immediate amnesty and forgiveness for the money being stashed overseas, but not for the human beings who are living in America.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Why is Marco Rubio making a boilerplate campaign speech — from 2010, no less — against a man who is never running for office again?

    • muselet

      Because it’s all he’s got, presumably. If he weren’t such a clownshoe, I’d feel sorry for him.

      –alopecia

    • incredulous72

      I sincerely thought Rubio was having a heart attack with all of the wiping, sweating and that ridiculous water pause he took.

  • JMAshby

    Rubio’s rebuttal was an embarrassment. Rand Paul’s rebuttal was a tired run-on sentence of expired Twinkies.

    • mrbrink

      Are you not entertained?!!!

  • i_a_c

    Tonight’s state of the union was a stark reminder that the Republicans hate just about everything, from loan refinancing to building bridges to preschool. But they love them some Israel, gotta have some of that Bibi Netanyahu. And they are big fans of gun violence and the freedom for Ted Nugent to climax while daydreaming about assassinating the president.

    Did not watch the clown shows afterward. I’m pretty sure I could have written each of the Republican responses for the last four years; I’m guessing tonight’s was the same ol’, same ol’.

    • i_a_c

      Oh, shit, I almost forgot! Republicans certainly hate the right to vote, and they especially hate the fact that a black woman braved hours in line to cast her ballot. According to them, the amount of time you wait to vote should increase with the amount of melanin in your skin.