Not One, But Two Forced Vaginal Probes

There’s outreach, and then there’s outreach.

The state of Indiana may soon require that women undergo two transvaginal ultrasounds. One before having a abortion, and another afterward.

The Indiana state Senate on Wednesday advanced a bill that would require women to undergo an ultrasound procedure both before and after having a medication-induced abortion during the first trimester of pregnancy.

The Senate Health and Provider Services Committee approved Senate Bill 371 on Wednesday by a vote of 7 to 5, sending it to a full vote in the state Senate. The bill, introduced by state Sen. Travis Holdman (R), imposes heavy regulations on clinics and physicians that offer medication abortions, which are generally used to end a pregnancy up to 10 weeks from a woman’s last period. It would require women to be presented with the sound and image of the fetal heartbeat before the abortion and to return for a follow-up ultrasound to ensure that she is no longer pregnant and has stopped bleeding.

There’s little left to say about the subject of forced ultrasounds other than the fact that it’s revolting. This sick idea that the state should mandate that women be subjected to unwarranted and unnecessary penetration just to stroke the morbid egos and fetishistic desires of so-called “pro-life” legislators who fancy themselves as crusaders in the war to preserve patriarchy.

In addition to mandating multiple transvaginal ultrasounds, the bill would also require that clinics that provide abortions remodel their offices to comply with surgical facility standards even if there is no surgery being performed. Because why the hell not? The Republican party is going for broke.

There’s nothing more pathetic, contemptible, and embarrassing than a man who would support this kind of legislation, and I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.

This entry was posted in Abortion, Assholery and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • jeanne marie

    “There’s nothing more pathetic, contemptible, and embarrassing than a man who would support this kind of legislation,”

    Except, perhaps, than the WOMEN who write and peddle this legislation to the states:

    http://www.aul.org/about-aul/team/

    http://www.aul.org/legislative-resources/

    “I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.”

    I’ve reached the point where I would fan the flames.

    “There’s nothing more pathetic, contemptible, and embarrassing than a man
    who would support this kind of legislation, and I wouldn’t piss on them
    if they were on fire.”

    Well said. Personally, I’d throw some gasoline on them.

  • http://myreadyroom.wordpress.com/ Ben Cisco

    I see the NeoConfederates are continuing their KFC approach to governance.

    DoubleDown on everything.

  • crone2013

    Can state legislators be brought up on RICO charges. This is conspiring to force women to be raped. Actually, it is legalizing rape, as the women this is mandated to happen without the woman’s consent.

    Can a citizen sue on this basis, or are RICO laws set up so that only the government can bring the charges? If only the government, I am at the point where I believe we should petition the Justice Department to hold these people accountable for the laws they are passing.

  • muselet

    “I wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire.”

    As a commenter at TPM (I believe it was) said, I would, but only if my piss were flammable.

    –alopecia

  • eljefejeff

    I’m SO glad I live in California.

  • jwalden91lx

    I have to take issue with the first line of this post. This is not an example of Republican outreach. This is an example of Republican Reach-In.