Prison Time for Lance Armstrong?

This is getting really serious. ABC News reported that the federal government could be investigating Armstrong and could file criminal charges:

According to the source, who agreed to speak on the condition that his name and position were not used because of the sensitivity of the matter, “Agents are actively investigating Armstrong for obstruction, witness tampering and intimidation.”

Marion Jones went to jail on charges surrounding her doping scandal, but she admitted to lying to federal investigators. Honestly, this is a lot of horseshit. It’s cheating in sports. Sports! Sheesh.

This entry was posted in Cycling and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

    “Honestly, this is a lot of horseshit. It’s cheating in sports. Sports! Sheesh.”

    Exactly. This whole thing is ridiculous at this point. People act as though Armstrong got caught molesting children. They need to get over it……he’s been punished enough already!

  • JozefAL

    “Agents are actively investigating Armstrong for obstruction, witness tampering and intimidation.”
    Okay, so Jones went to jail because “she admitted to lying to federal investigators.” When exactly did THAT come to light? Did Jones come forward and say “I lied to federal investigators” without any prompting or did it come out during a trial? According to the story, you’ve got federal agents *investigating* whether Armstrong may have been guilty of three crimes during his many years of denying ANY doping. If the investigation shows that the WHITE Armstrong did any of these crimes, then why should HE not suffer the same penalty that Marion Jones, a BLACK WOMAN, paid for her crimes?
    Sorry, Bob, but I hope you’re not suggesting that a WHITE guy shouldn’t face the same penalty that a BLACK woman paid when the crimes are the same. Lying to investigators is lying to investigators. And, last time I checked, obstruction of justice is a prison-worthy crime as is witness tampering and intimidation.

    Maybe. When I was in the navy we had a thing called “felony stupid.” In Lance’s case, I think it comes down to “felony asshole.” More and more people are coming forward stating that Armstrong manipulated and threatened them with what they knew. I don’t know if that is a crime, but it sure is an asshole thing to do. And we still don’t know if he is telling the truth about anything. One thin is for sure, Bob…it is sports. So therefore, I just don’t give a shit one way or the other. But an asshole is an asshole no matter what their profession.

  • http://twitter.com/tominterrupto tom bancroft

    The guy should go to jail. No question. Shocked you are shocked by it.