Quote of the Morning

“I hear you loud and clear, Barack Obama. You don’t represent the country that I grew up with. And your values is [sic] not going to save us. We’re going to take this country back for the Lord. We’re going to try to take this country back for conservatism. And we’re not going to allow minorities to run roughshod over what you people believe in!” Arkansas State Senator Jason Rapert (R-Of Course)

Wow. If this is Republican Outreach, they’re doing it wrong.

Rapert is the sponsor of a bill that passed in state senate that would ban abortions after six weeks. Clearly it’s unconstitutional and will probably be struck down in the courts if it passes and and signed by the governor. But once again, another example of how state and local governments are going nuts — and we need to pay closer attention.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • lukenstein

    Our current Governor of Arkansas, Mike Beebe, is a Democrat. But as
    most of you will recall, the Kochs came to town in this past election
    and helped change our legislature to complete Republican control for the first time since the Civil War. In the upcoming 2014 gubernatorial race, we will have former Rep.and current NRA point man on sending armed guards to schools nationwide, Asa Hutchinson, running against a true progressive in former Lt. Governor Bill Halter, assuming they both win their respective primaries.
    You can be sure that dirty money will flow in this race behind Asa
    Hutchinson, who would probably rubber stamp these type of crazy bills
    into law. So yes, we really do need to pay closer attention.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    All that’s missing from this racist asswipe is a white robe and hood and a burning cross while screaming “WHITE POWER!!!”.

  • http://rob.yurkowski.net/ Rob Yurkowski

    Not to worry. If this is a legitimate Rapert, the Arkansas State Senate has a way of shutting that all down.

  • Brutlyhonest

    This in no way reduces rapert’s level of ass-hatedness, but, from the linked article, “Rapert explained his long-term goals in a racist 2011 rant at a Tea
    Party rally, as he bashed President Obama for hosting a Ramadan
    celebration.”

    Also, too: It’s worth clicking through just to see this dude’s picture. It screams closeted TV preacher.