Reformation

Artist – John Darkow

In other news, reports are circling that Pope Benedict XVI may have resigned because of a blackmail scandal involving gay clergy.

Can we just shut the Vatican down? Not to go on a rant on a Saturday afternoon — but between ongoing sexual abuse cover ups, blackmails, and the gross hypocrisy related to each of these charges, they’ve proven themselves to be irrelevant to the modern world.

This entry was posted in Open Thread, Religion and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • eljefejeff

    “…they’ve proven themselves to be irrelevant to the modern world”
    ntm, any relevance they had in the past was just as a source of oppression and corruption

  • Guest

    Usually I lack just enough character to enjoy it when I get to say, “I told you so.” I told a lot of people what was going to happen when Joseph Ratzinger was chosen as pope. His selection was the most gutless decision by the College of Cardinals in four hundred years. Benedict XVI is a conniving, ruthless, self-serving weasel–and he always has been. Conservative Catholics and others are constantly creating evidence that all the current problems of the church are the fault of John Paul II. Conservatives are doing to the Catholic church what they have done to the evangelical protestants for years–forcing them out of the mainstream and into irrelevance.

    Usually I lack just enough character to enjoy it when I get to say, “I told you so.” In the situation currently unfolding in the Catholic church, it makes me sad. I told a lot of people what was going to happen when Joseph Ratzinger was chosen as pope. His selection was the most gutless decision by the College of Cardinals in four hundred years. Benedict
    XVI is a conniving, ruthless, self-serving weasel–and he always has been. He made the decision that if a few children were sacrificed in coverups world-wide, it was better than hurting the church. Conservative Catholics and others are constantly creating evidence that all the current problems of the church are the fault of John Paul II. And while that is arguable, Ratzinger has been covering up and hiding behind church law for eight years. Look at the way this pope has treated Bishop Gustavo Guttierez for the last twenty years. He has done everything he could to destroy and undermine one of the most inspired liberal theologians in the church. Conservatives are doing to the Catholic church what they have done to the evangelical protestants for years–forcing them out of the mainstream and into irrelevance.