Reminder: John Boehner Got “98 Percent” of What He Wanted

When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy.

I’ve seen more than a few DC pundits and beltway thinkers grumble today that the president shouldn’t expect Republicans to come to the table if he (rightfully) calls them out as he did this morning, and I would like to remind them that John Boehner proudly claimed that he received 98 percent of what he wanted in the Budget Control Act (sequestration).

Furthermore, this strategy has worked quite well for the president. He shamed them into raising the debt ceiling, and he shamed them into preserving tax-cuts for a majority of Americans while raising taxes on millionaires and billionaires. Why can’t he shame them into not taking a “meat cleaver” to the economy?

This entry was posted in Economy and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • ArrogantDemon

    The Crying Orange Boner got Rick-rolled

    Now he’s hoping people forget there is print & video of the GOP saying the sequester is what they wanted

    Shit is comical

  • Zen Diesel

    The Crying Orange Boner is Truly the Ringmaster for the Insane Clown Republican Posse. I guess they are hoping folks will be duped in 2014 like 2010, so that they can take over the Senate, and really drive the country into a ditch.

  • http://twitter.com/JPJABBER JUDI

    SHHHHHHHHhhh…you were NOT supposed to remember that.