Ron Paul Wants His Property, Moochers!

Ron Paul’s message lives on!

In a case of Ron Paul v. RonPaul.com, the owners and operators of the two websites bearing his name claim that they offered to give RonPaul.org to Ron Paul as a gift– an estimated value of $250,000! and they would continue to own and operate RonPaul.com, as a sort of self-mutilating quid pro quo.

Oh, sure. Just give him RonPaul.Org. That should be useful four years ago. If it’s so great, why are they using RonPaul.com to state their case?

So, evidently, Ron Paul sees this as an affront to liberty and property rights, and Ron Paul wants it all. According to his tens of dozens of shocked and disheartened followers, they posted on the website in question:

Earlier today, Ron Paul filed an international UDRP complaint against RonPaul.com and RonPaul.org with WIPO, a global governing body that is an agency of the United Nations. The complaint calls on the agency to expropriate the two domain names from his supporters without compensation and hand them over to Ron Paul.

Ideologically speaking, this is like Jesus going to the Devil to sue the Apostles for using “Jesus” to spread his word.

In a page survey titled, ”What Should Ron Paul Do Now?” they ponder the questions of their lives:

1) Withdraw his legal action and privately work out a solution with his supporters.

2) Send his supporters off to a UN tribunal and try to seize RonPaul.com through government force.

3)  He’s probably not even aware of this dispute; he should get involved and do what he thinks is right

4) Other

Personally, I’d go with, “Send his supporters off to a UN tribunal and try to seize RonPaul.com through government force.” It’s just more fun.

This entry was posted in Epic Fail, RonPaul.com and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    This is hilarious. I hope I have enough popcorn.

    Since the website is a real website with real content (and not just an exercise in cybersquatting), Ron Paul would seem to have no case, no matter how irked he might be.

    Paul is just going to have to suck it up and register a new website. I wonder if WhimsicalJalopy[dot]com is still available?

      “Ron Paul would seem to have no case, no matter how irked he might be”

      Exactly!

      Ron Paul is not likely to let this go easily, however, so I will also be stocking up on popcorn, the better to enjoy the ridiculous spectacle!

      • muselet

        It could be funnier than Snakes in a Can.

          ha! :)

  • Victor_the_Crab

    After seeing his name splashed across the above post too many times, perhaps we should refer to him as “the asshat whose name, from this point on, shall not be mentioned”.

    • mrbrink

      Agreed.

    • muselet

      Agreed, but only after this matter is settled. I want all the details because it’ll be fun to watch the asshat whose name, from this point on, shall not be mentioned (TAWNFTPOSNBM for short) melt down as he racks up loss after loss (first before WIPO, then before the courts here in the US—as Nicole says, TAWNFTPOSNBM isn’t going to let this go). Maybe we can make Ron Paul a synonym for repeated legal failure the way Dan Savage’s readers made santorum a synonym for … well, you know.

    Why does he even care? Is he planning on firing up the whimsical jalopy, stocking up on depends, and running for president again in 2016?

    • bphoon

      I think he cares because he’s TAWNFTPOSNBM and TAWNFTPOSNBM does TAWNFTPOSNBM like nobody else! Also, he’s a bitter, senile old fuck who just can’t let things go.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    The Free Market: ain’t it a bitch?

    I guess people have the liberty to own and operate a website unless Ron Paul wants it. Such a hypocrite…then again, we already knew that.

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    I want to bookmark this for all my Ron Paul college friends to just show them that THIS is the guy you wanted to back for President just because he would let you toke at Denny’s all day.