Rubio Was Very Thirsty

This is probably one of the most awkward water breaks in the history of televised political addresses.

Have the memes and photoshopping begun yet?

This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    For a party that’s so good at rigging elections, convincing people to vote against their own interests and just being generally awful people, they are really, really bad at the SOTU rebuttal.

  • zirgar

    This is his Albert-Brooks-filling-in-to-anchor-for-William-Hurt-in-Broadcast-News moment. Honestly, I was a bit surpised when he didn’t smack his lips and go, “Ahhhhhhhhhh,” when he finished that swallow.

  • TerranceGilmore

    Honestly, had he not taken the drink, I was going to have to change the channel. The lip smacking dry mouth was getting unbearable.

  • Ipecac

    Here’s my question. Why is this still a thing?

    I really wish the party not controlling the WH would have the maturity to NOT have a stupid rebuttal. What a load. And now the Republicans have TWO rebuttals so it’s actually getting worse.

    • D_C_Wilson

      The opposition rebuttal has become a tradition embedded in the SOTU process. It’s not going away, no matter which party is in the White House.

    He was pretty nervous trying to work his way through that rebuttal, the water thing simply illustrated it more clearly.

    The republican’ts are now 0 for 0 in their response to the president, how did Ayn Rand Paul do in his internet only rebuttal?

    They really posted it to the internet so that most Americans would not see it, brilliant.

  • Nefercat

    I don’t understand why he was so nervous. It’s not as though he said anything new or even interesting. It was the same old republican talking points/lies as they have been spouting since Rubio was a pup.

  • i_a_c

    I don’t begrudge the guy a sip of water, but damn, it’s like he had to reach across the Potomac to find his bottle.

  • janefromhell

    #rubiojokes is trending…as in, “Take my wife. As an example, that is.” Or, “Knock knock.” “Who’s there?” “The guy knocking.”

    Jeezus…this is their potential candidate for 2016? Republicans need help. I hope they don’t get it…but they need help.

  • D_C_Wilson

    This message sponsored by the folks at Deerpark.

  • TiredOfThePhonies

    Why did Marco need a drink of water? He knew that we knew he was telling lies and couldn’t continue without a drink of water to get lies out.

    WHY CAN’T THE GOP AFFORD A WATER GLASS?!