Serious Art Lovers

The serious art lovers over at The Washington Free Beacon have addressed the illegal hacking of emails that led to the discovery of George W. Bush’s paintings, and in web post titled, “World’s Greatest Living President Is Also A Fantastic Painter” they take the time to critique the 43rd president’s stroke, and amorously praise the attention to detail the former president pays to his subject– himself:

The paintings demonstrate a command of line and color that is rarely seen in the modern-day “art” world. Former President George W. Bush appears to be influenced by such painters as Edgar Degas and Édouard Manet. The portraits also clearly capture the personality of their subject.

That’s how you sell it!

They pretty much use that line for Republican outreach and public relations damage control, as well.

Vote-suppressing racists who are systematically using the law to force women to carry their rapist’s baby? Or, a command of line and color?

Politics, like art, is all subjective to Wingnuts.

(Via Wonkette)

This entry was posted in Art, George W. Bush, Washington Free Beacon, Wingnuts. Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Degas? Manet? Jumping Judas on a unicycle, The Washington Free Bacon is reduced to comparing George W. Bush to French painters?

    In fairness, it may be that those are the only two painters the web editors could name off the tops of their heads. Still, one would think a gaggle of twits (I believe that’s the proper collective noun) like that would do a little research and come up with painters from a more, let us say, manly country than France.

    Now, you’ll have to excuse me for a moment. I’m laughing so hard the neighbors are becoming concerned.

    You know who else painted?

    Hitler.

    Had to get the Godwin in.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      LOL!!!
      And Bush’s work is just as bad as Hitler’s.
      Coincidence?…

    A “command of line and color” — complete CRAP!

    I’m no art critic, but I am an oil painter, and I have studied such things as line and color for years. Please. This dope obviously knows even less about line and color than he did about governing!

    I’m not generally going to criticize
    someone else’s art, but Degas? Manet? Words fail me.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Sean Hannity’s going to want to buy the original – just like he did that paint by numbers hack who painted those Obama-is-evil murals – so that he can whack off of them with a pair of tweezers.

    I saw those paintings but didn’t realize that GWB had painted them. My first thought was, “I know kids in elementary school who can paint that well.” Now that I know it was GWB, it all makes sense.

  • GOVCHRIS1988

    I seriously believe these people masturbate to Bedtime for Bonzo. I REALLY DO.