Skeet Shooting Truthers Doubt Skeet Shooting Photo

By now we’re familiar with the story. The president said he’s gone skeet shooting occasionally at Camp David. Issue closed. Ignore the Skeet Shooting Truthers who demanded that he prove it.

Instead, the White House awkwardly released an August 2012 photo of the president shooting the hell out of a poor defenseless skeet. And, of course, it’s not good enough. Already, the far-right is trying to claim the image was photoshopped to include the president’s head.

Here, for example.

The first rule of the internet: DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

Oh and by the way, there were people who seriously (and not so seriously) blamed Obama for the blackout at the Super Bowl.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Guns and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    I love how they analyze that photo like they know the exact moment the gun is in in its firing sequence. Every point that’s raised in objection to this photo’s authenticity is malarkey. Oh, wow! The president simply could not have done more than one thing on Aug. 4th! Ok, maybe TWO things, but not a THIRD thing–skeet shooting! His clothes are different in every photo from that day–aaagh! So, what if the president’s gun isn’t shooting high? He never said he was a good skeet shooter, only that he shoots skeet. These people are pathetic. On the flipside, I hate that the White House released anything on this at all. It just turns these fools into even more vigorous frothing, snarling freaks.

    • muselet

      Also too, it’s hilarious that suddenly everyone on the Right is a Photoshop expert—not just a power user, but an expert! (“Of course you’re an expert, dear. Would you like some cookies now or are you still playing?”)

      It just turns these fools into even more vigorous frothing, snarling freaks.

      I live in hope that one day soon, the public at large will grow tired of those frothing, snarling freaks and stop paying attention to them.

      –alopecia

  • JimmyAbra

    I think some of those people are not seriously blaming Obama, though some are. I did see one known wingnut “friend” blame all the “green power” being used since Katrina as a reason…and if so, like it is a bad thing?

    • trgahan

      Yeah, it was all that “Green Power!”
      Not that executive order Bush issued that allowed contractors tasked to ignore state and federal wage standards for skilled labor and use cut rate under-the-table day labors.

  • MrDHalen

    I’m glad they released it. Many of the conservatives I know who have left the GOP, have done it because the President continues to expose them as the party of crazy conspiracy theories.

    Ignoring the trolls on the Internet is always a best practice, but exposing elected GOP officials for the pathetic bullies that they are is just good for the nation.

  • i_a_c

    I don’t file this under “feeding the trolls.” I think it’s closer to “trolls trolling trolls.”

    The birther crapola was insane, but in the long run it discredited the whackjob conservatives rather than President Obama.

    Now with this photo out there, the usual suspects will cry bloody murder and only marginalize themselves in the process.

    I’m totally for trolling the trolls.

  • Nefercat

    Well, I don’t know that the photo was “awkwardly” released. I first heard of it from Plouffe’s tweet, in which he basically pointed and laughed out loud telling the skeeter birthers to let the photoshop conspiracies begin.

    I would like to see more of this. Forget solemn, serious, courteous, but firm dissenting responses to these gibbering loons.

    Nope, let’s throw the skeets of stupidity into the air and shoot them down with gales of finger-pointing and contemptuous laughter and vicious, sarcastic tweets. And let’s do the same to media morons that give even one moment of serious airtime to such idiocies instead of to actual researched reporting on important issues.

    I would love for the President at a news conference to say to a reporter, Seriously? Seriously? Point at him or her and then laugh while telling them that he will call on them just as soon as they can come up with an intelligent question. Meanwhile, next?

  • muselet

    Roy Edroso points and laughs at the Skeeters. As he puts it at his own blog:

    NEW VOICE COLUMN UP…
    about the Obama skeet-shooting controversy, which may seem dumber than most such controversies if you’ve forgotten how dumb most such controversies are. Enjoy.

    The White House knew full well that releasing the photo would cause the trolls to freak out. At this point, it’s crystal clear that nothing Obama does will be taken at face value by the wingnuts. They will insist that everything he does is faked. And they more they insist every photo of the President is faked, the more ridiculous they look.

    This is one is pretty hilarious as it it. If they wanted to produce a photo of the president skeet shooting, it would actually be easier to just drive him over to Camp David and take some shots of him oh, i don’t know, skeet shooting instead of photoshoping one.