Ted Nugent Accuses Liberals of Hypocrisy on Drones

Nugent in his new Wingnut Daily column:

Imagine for a moment if the tables were turned and a Republican president had issued an order that permitted the killing of American citizens with drones.

The country would go gonzo.

Liberals would be screaming at the tops of their lungs about the president’s intentional violation of due process and civil rights.

Well, a Republican president did, in fact, issue that order (link and link), and it went largely unnoticed by liberal bloggers, etc, back in 2002.

This entry was posted in George W. Bush, Terrorism and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    “president’s intentional violation of due process and civil rights”

    Yet Ted continues to threaten and tries to antagonize this man. Smart.

  • i_a_c

    Those two links are the same, Bob.

    Ted Nugent is a bloody stupid un-American ass who looks like a mercenary thug, and behaves like said thug, too!

  • kushiro -

    OK, you know how to shut this guy up for good? Let him attend the State of the Union Address. Then at the end, have Nancy Pelosi go right up to him and shake his hand. Then Joe Biden gives him a big hug. He will not refuse either of them.

    Splash those photos on every newspaper and all over the internet.

      I wouldn’t bet on him refusing the gestures. He’s as an asshole, through and through. BUT his attending will just help to alienate moderates and if he acts up, all the better (from political standpoint, not so good for the Presidency). I, for one, will be watching with pop corn and booze.

  • bphoon

    I used to like Nugent’s music back in the day. He’s a complete asshole now. Not that he wasn’t then, he just didn’t make it so obvious.

    So, fuck him.

  • villemar

    I hope Ted Nugent becomes as much of an awesome anti-drones spokesman as he is a gun fetishist spokesman. As Bob likes to say, keep it up, you’re doing great!