The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 2/14/13

bcs_bush_obama

Obama is not worse than Bush; Huff Post commenters are worse than everyone; State of the Union; Gun control legislation appears dead for now; Marco Rubio represents Republican tokenism; Rubio on Medicare; Fox News and Republican Party deliberately tricking people on the deficit and debt; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius and the BobCesca.com Amazon Link.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party! Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (54 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show, Radio Show and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Victor_the_Crab

    WTF Bob? I can’t get the latest Bubble Genius Bob and Chez Show from my iTunes. Can we get someone to fix this, ASAP?

    • muselet

      The Bob and Chez page at iTunes always seems to be a week late. If you subscribe, the latest episode downloads regardless of whether it shows up on the page. If you already subscribe, try unsubscribing and resubscribing, which sometimes clears a problem like this.

      There was something funky going on for the past couple of days, with iTunes throwing up an error that the URL wasn’t found on the server, which I assume had something to do with Bob moving to the Daily Banter. Everything was tickety-boo this morning, at least for me.

      Hope this helps.

        Nope. Still can’t get the episode. It’s not even listed in my iTunes browser for me to download.

        • muselet

          Weird.

          I looked around Apple Support Communities and podcasts not downloading isn’t uncommon. Maybe a solution is lurking there.

          You might try deleting the podcast entirely, then quit and restart iTunes, and resubscribe. If that doesn’t work, I’m out of ideas.

            I actually had to download the podcast, sans iTunes, on another browser – Safari.Hopefully it was just a one shot thing. But at least I got my weekly dose of Bob & Chez Show.

  • muselet

    “Sir, I protest! I am not a merry man!” Makes me laugh every single time. (At the same time, I do feel sorry for Michael Dorn, a good actor who’s forever going to be remembered for lines like that one.)

    Bob, the Left is so accustomed to being in the opposition that it seems Lefties can’t bring themselves to comment positively on any officeholder. No one’s motives can possibly be pure enough, no actions can possibly be virtuous enough, no words can possibly be passionate enough. It has to be tiring to be that outraged all the time.

    The Rs claim they’re blocking Chuck Hagel as leverage to get information out of the administration. They’re not. They’re throwing tantrums, like Lindsey Graham, or they need a nap, like John McCain.

    Bob, nothing happened before January 20, 2009. On that day, at noon EST, history began. That’s why everything Barack Obama does is unprecedented and scandalous.

    If the expression
    empiricism ≫ ideology
    makes sense to you, you’re sane.

    I had a different reaction to Obama’s push for votes on gun control. Maybe I’m wrong, but I heard an implicit—I don’t want to call it a threat, because that’s terribly misleading—call for action by gun control advocates against those who vote no. Perhaps every measure will fail, but forcing politicians to take positions opposed by the overwhelming majority of their constituents can be a useful exercise, especially for the next election campaign.

    Marco Rubio’s speech was boilerplate Republicanism, right down to the “I benefitted from government programs, but you can’t because government evil” hypocrisy (a word I don’t use lightly) and the “Medicare is important” nonsense (Paul Ryan wants to turn it into a coupon—not even a voucher—program and he also says Medicare is important). Rubio’s speech wasn’t original, wasn’t thoughtful and wasn’t provocative; it was yet another audition tape for a would-be presidential candidate.

    The Rs look at voting patterns, especially among Democratic constituencies, and see what they believe is bloc voting. So, since women tend to vote D, the R candidate should be a woman. Latinos tend to vote D, therefore the R candidate should be Latino. Ditto blacks and younger voters and Asians. Of course, the Rs have also convinced themselves there’s nothing wrong with their policies, only with the articulation of those policies, so the delusion of dealing with monolithic blocs of voters must be appealing.

    I win the prize, Chez (that is one weird—and weirdly amusing—movie).

    “Google is actually a tool of the Obama Adminstration.” Remember Conservapedia? The Conservative Bible Project? Righties don’t trust anything they don’t control, which helps explain their antipathy toward science and its stubborn insistence on accepting reality.

    Hope the move went/is going well, Bob.

      I win the prize, Chez (that is one weird—and weirdly amusing—movie).

      Buckaroo Banzai is one of my all time favourite movies. John Lithgow as Emilio Lizardo/Lord John Whorfin was a huge riot. I haven’t seen it in years. I hope it comes out on DVD.

      I wonder what prize we’ll get from Chez? Hopefully, it’s not one of his used sex toys.

      • muselet

        Behold. It’s also available at the iTunes Store.

        And I second your hope on the prize. *shudders*

        –alopecia