The Most Ridiculous Thing You’ll Read All Day

And it comes to us from Andrew Stuttaford of the National Review Online, who writes:

“We waste a fortune on measures (that will have no impact for decades, if ever) to tamper with the climate. Some of that money would be better spent on asteroid insurance.”

Insurance. Against asteroid damage. First of all, trying to mitigate the climate crisis isn’t “tampering with the climate,” it’s an attempt to prevent what we’re doing to the climate from consequently damaging us.

Sounds similar to what Rubio said about how politicians can’t “change the weather.” Either way, these people are fantastic idiots.

This entry was posted in Environment and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Some of that money would be better spent on asteroid insurance.

    Huh? Because asteroids fall on people’s heads every day of the week and twice on Sunday?

    I think what Andrew Stuttaford wants is for the military to get some new toys to play with. Slightly less cynically, maybe he’d just finished a bad-disaster–movie marathon—Deep Impact, Armageddon, that sort of thing—before he wrote his silly post. Either way, Stuttaford has forfeited his right to be taken seriously.

      I think he forfeited that right by writing for the National Review IMHO. ;)

      • muselet

        Well, yes of course, but even by NRO’s low standards Stuttaford’s piece was nonsensical.

        Maybe NRO only ran it to make Jonah Goldberg look good.

          Or it’s just filler……