Uh. What?

Anti-abortion Alabama state Rep. Mary Sue McClurkin (R):

“When a physician removes a child from a woman, that is the largest organ in a body. That’s a big thing. That’s a big surgery. You don’t have any other organs in your body that are bigger than that.”

Yet people have “organs” removed all the time and it’s perfectly legal.

Abortion is really The Issue for Republicans and they seem to consistency flummox themselves when talking about it.

This entry was posted in Abortion and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

    Wait…..does she mean the womb? That’s an organ. If she means the fetus, that is not an organ. It’s a fetus and a fetus can have it’s own organs. So she is either really, really ignorant or she is being purposely misleading. I’m betting on ignorance.

    • Nefercat

      How about really really ignorant *and* purposely misleading?

  • Draxiar

    A baby is an organ? I’ve met some babies that have an impressive set pipes but that’s a different kind of organ than what I think is meant.
    All kidding aside…a baby is an organ?

  • Username1016

    And most abortions are done early, when the embryo (I don’t think it’s a fetus yet, is it?) is the size of a walnut or smaller. I have tons of organs bigger than that! Liver, heart, lungs, and more! Why are Republicans so ignorant of anatomy?

    • Brutlyhonest

      No shit, right? It’s not a baby. It’s a zygote or a fetus. Words mean stuff.

  • Ipecac

    Even if a child was “the largest organ in the body” so what? What’s her point here? We’re not buying the “every sperm is sacred” argument so now it’s a too big to remove argument?

    STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID. I CANNOT TOLERATE STUPID ANYMORE!!!!!!1!!!!!!

    Adding: I’m not certain what else within the body grows so rapidly in such a short time, other than TUMORS. Is she saying that TUMORS shouldn’t be removed either? And, also, how often are organs ejected from the body after 270 days, other than, I suppose, in a Quentin Tarantino movie?

  • GrafZeppelin127

    Oh, Jeebus Fleebing Cripes. Can these people really not help themselves?

  • JoyP

    Hmmm. I didn’t realize I gave birth to 2 organs (is it still considered birth if the result is an organ? These people with their alternative definitions of words confuse the hell out of me. Surely not all the people in Alabama are that stupid, right?

      Good point! If a baby is an organ, then they can’t be people…..otherwise my liver better get some personhood status tuit suite

      • http://twitter.com/mwick22 Mia Wicklund

        then your liver will have an uninfringed right to ‘bare arms’ !!

          That’s a great idea…;.My alcohol saturated liver would be able to carry around deadly weapons! I’m envisioning a little cartoon character of a liver with an ammo belt over his shoulder, a bandanna on his head, an unlit cigar in his mouth and a bottle of Jack in the leg pocket of his BDUs. Ha!

    I was reading the other day that astronomers have discovered a quasar that they now believe is the largest thing in the known universe. It is one billion light years across in size. Of course to measure that span is a mathematical formula of one billion multiplied by 5.88 trillion miles. Scientists are scratching their heads, not only at the massive size of the quasar, but trying to come up with a mathematical solution to measure the distance and size of the object they have found. I tell you that to say this: even that mathematical formula cannot measure the ignorance and stupidity of the Republican party. They have went far beyond ignorant. They are accelerating at the speed of light towards their own destruction and irrelevance. How many people are wondering, “How stupid are these people?”

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Good one!

  • Zen Diesel

    Jesus H. Christ, when will these smaller guvmint conservatives stop trying to legislate from their interpretation of the Holy Magic Book and leave women ho-haa’s alone.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Considering the Republican party is home to such noted “scientists” like Todd Akin (aka Mr. If-it’s-a-legitimate-rape-the-female-body-has-ways-of-shutting-it-down), are we really not surprised by this?