Worst Person in the World

Here’s Glenn Beck discussing women in combat on his internet TV show:

“This is the dumbest idea I ever heard. Women now fight on the front lines? Democrats are hailing the move as another giant leap forward for equality. Progress, you know. Forward! And on the outside looking in it’s one of those feel good stories—oh great, women are great soldiers too, they deserve an equal chance, oh that’s great.

War is the act of killing each other. And to win, you have to kill people faster than the other team. That’s what war is all about. The enemy’s not going to cower in defeat because we have a female Eskimo Hispanic dwarf cross-dresser and some handicapable, transgendered breast cancer survivor as a soldier on the front line, ready to unleash an attack of unparalleled diversity.”

Uhhhh. Okeedokee.

Print Friendly
This entry was posted in Glenn Beck and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Draxiar

    Gee, I didn’t know we had *male* Eskimo Hispanic dwarf cross-dressers on the front lines.

    • muselet

      Have you never heard of the Very Special Forces?

      –alopecia

  • http://twitter.com/ideabuddy Mr.D

    I thought Beck was a big supporter of Israel. Women have fought in the Israeli army for years

  • i_a_c

    This is some repulsive, sexist bullshit.

  • muselet

    Shorter Glenn Beck: Girls have cooties!

    Beck is such a misogynist prick. He’s making a “slippery slope” argument in a very assholish way. Because women are clearly “less than” men in his Mormon, Conservative worldview, that says they are only a step above the handicapped. Notice also the assumption that the military would simply overlook physical and mental requirements for service because that must be the only way women could make it in the military.

    What I wouldn’t pay to see him in a cage fight with some of our female soldiers. They would destroy him. /my Mr. Burns impression

    • muselet

      Female soldiers? Better than half of the female administrative assistants working for the military could snap Glenn Beck like rotten bamboo.

      You’re right, though: it’s the sort of thing that Pay-Per-View was created for (but only with Dolby 5.1 Surround, to could get the full effect of Beck’s screams of terror).

      –alopecia

      EDITED because I’m a dummy (but you knew that already).

      • Victor_the_Crab

        Glenn Beck sreaming in agony by a female soldier is worth the price of PPV alone.

        Not to mention the crunch of his breaking bones. Hehe

  • JWheels

    I thought war was the act of seizing control of territories and assets thus denying them to your enemy… or accomplishing some goal involving seizing resources… killing people is certainly a part of that but it’s incidental to the primary aim… the real goal is to achieve your objectives while taking as few losses as possible. All the misogynistic arguments are moot if you don’t even understand war in the first place. Although I’m a pacifist.

      You have to keep in mind, most right-wingers have never worn a uniform in their life (unless dressing up as a colonial soldier or playing a confederate soldier counts).
      You also need to remember that Becky is a snake-oil sailsman and always has been, so what’s his angle on this?

  • bphoon

    Taking anything Glen Beck says about the military or war seriously (well…anything Glen Beck says, but you get my point) is a non-starter. In other words:

    He is neither a strategist nor is he schooled in the operational arts, nor is he a tactician, nor is he a general. Other than that he’s a great military man. –Norman Schwarzkopf