Your Nipples Are Obscene!

And there’s a North Carolina law in the works to codify it:

North Carolina state Rep. Rayne Brown (R) is defending her proposed legislation which define women’s nipples as indecent, WRAL-TV reports.

Said Brown: “We’ve had the most fun with this bill for about the past week and a half, and that’s OK. You need to laugh sometimes. But there are communities across this state, there’s local governments across this state, and also local law enforcement for whom this issue is really not a laughing matter.”

Yep. And once again, I give you a member of one of our two major political parties. The Republican Party: growing more cartoonish by the day.

This entry was posted in Republican Party and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    “But there are communities across this state, there’s local governments across this state, and also local law enforcement for whom this issue is really not a laughing matter.””

    Really? Seriously? All across the state, women’s nipples are a continuing item of Serious Discussion and on many Important Meeting Agendas? Seriously? The police chiefs and sheriffs across your state say guns, pffft, never mind, no problem, we have to save our state from the Great Nipple Epidemic? Seriously?

    FFS, secede. We promise, this time, you can leave.

  • Brutlyhonest

    Boobs are scary. And dangerous. Unfortunately many of them have been elected to State and National legislatures.

  • Username1016

    Um, so does this mean no public breastfeeding? Are we back to that again?

    • http://twitter.com/tlavely Tony Lavely

      One of the stories claimed she added an exemption for breastfeeding. Not sure how that could be decent if the nipple isn’t but hey, religion.

    • Christopher Foxx

      In another article I read it’s stated that an exception is made for breastfeeding.

      And it didn’t seem to have any limitation on how old the person being breast fed could be. So, if you’re going to bare your breasts, ladies, just make sure you’ve got your boyfriends handy….

  • muselet

    Bob, I thought you said the Andrew Stuttaford piece was going to be the most ridiculous thing I read today.

    What if the woman wears pasties with tassles? Is that obscene? They cover the nips after all, right?

  • peterjohn936

    Republicans working hard to solve a problem that doesn’t exist while fighting to stop solutions for problems that do exist.