Your Weekly Reminder: John Boehner Got “98 Percent” of What He Wanted

This may or may not be the last time I need to remind you that John Boehner got “98 percent” of what he wanted, but after he appeared in front of the press today to demand that the Senate “get off their ass” and do something about it, I felt it was appropriate to bring this up again.

When you look at this final agreement that we came to with the White House, I got 98 percent of what I wanted. I’m pretty happy.

On the subject of John Boehner telling the Senate to get off their ass — he knows as well as you do that its the duty of the House to pass budgets, but he’s still hoping that he can coax Democrats into proposing budget cuts for him so he doesn’t have to.

The Republicans find themselves caught in an awkward position where they’re now opposing the across-the-board cuts they’ve been demanding for four years. It’s a confusing message.

This entry was posted in Congress and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/linda.harrispettit Linda Harris Pettit

    They depend on the public forgetting what the Super Committee meeting was all about:

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/02/congress-super-committee-first-meeting_n_947052.html

    Yes but–they will blame the President no matter what. The mixed message “that the sequester will not be that bad” and “if it is bad it is the president’s fault” is not just confusing–it is incometence in governing.

  • bphoon

    It’s a confusing message.

    That pretty well encapsulates the entire GOP agenda.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    Someone needs to go to Boehner’s favourite watering hole and yell at him to get off his gin soaked ass.

    • muselet

      Merlot, not gin, if the rumor mill is to be believed.

    “Get off their ass…” That’s some piece of projection. Tell us all about it, Boogers.

    Once a partisan cock farmer always a partisan cock farmer.

    Speaker of The House Of Representatives of the Free World, world. That’s not a beacon you see. That’s billowing smoke from our burning wells and the great big bag of burning dog shit on our doorstep.

    How can anyone work with these people?

    To paraphrase Nancy Pelosi: You idiots. You’re embarrassing us. If you had any shame you would be too. You can’t keep calling anything you have proposed in the last congress a “plan” no matter how much the cock lobby is paying you to keep repeating it.

    But just in case, Republicans have the restless and leprotic Ryan Budget chained to the floor of their piss-soaked basement ready to be unleashed on a country that put it there in the last election. Ever the reliable stand in for the opposite of decency and common sense.

    • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

      I second that!

  • D_C_Wilson

    It’s a confusing message.

    Not really, Their entire message is: Everything is Obama’s fault.