Another Republican Fumbles Abortion Question

Rep. Sean Duffy (R-WI) is a hardlined anti-choice with no exceptions radical whose state is currently trying to pass a transvaginal ultrasound law. When asked about the law, Duffy pretended to not know what a transvaginal ultrasounds is.

Questioner: “I’m wondering about whether or not Rep. Duffy if you would support the legislation that’s in the Wisconsin legislature called ‘Right To Know Your Unborn Child’. And if, because you’ve said in the past that you are 100% pro-life, would you support federal legislation to require trans-vaginal ultrasounds for pregnant women? And if not, then why?

Duffy: “I don’t know what a trans-vaginal ultrasound is?”

Questioner: “You don’t?”

Duffy: “No … I haven’t had one.”

[Laughter from the room]

Questioner: “It’s been in the news …”

[Inaudible]

Questioner: Right now it’s being discussed on the Wisconsin level, I realize you’re not involved in that but is this something that you would support on the federal level?

Duffy: I haven’t heard of it. And just like I told you I’m pro life, and I know that you are too, but I’m not willing to say I’ll support what you’re talking about because I haven’t seen the bill, even though we’re probably in agreement on that issue.

Questioner: So you don’t know what it is?>

Duffy: No.

Questioner: Oh, OK, thank you.

Evidently Duffy’s congressional office is under a rock.

This entry was posted in Abortion and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • JimmyAbra

    “Right to know your unborn child”, ??? Does that mean any pregnant lady (without healthcare) has the right to go somewhere to get a free ultra-sound, especially the “takers”? Or are only those contemplating abortion have this right…I mean…demand? It should be titled “Demand for ‘sinners’ to be forces to be attempted by guilt to carry out a pregnancy they do not want”

  • bphoon

    Evidently Duffy’s congressional office is under a rock.

    Along with the rest of the GOP.

  • zirgar

    Sounds like someone should do a trans-cranial ultrasound on this doofus. Obviously the results will be negative, but still, why not intrude on the rights of the stupid if they have the ability to intrude upon yours with their stupidity?

      “why not intrude on the rights of the stupid if they have the ability to intrude upon yours with their stupidity?”

      Well said!

  • muselet

    I know we’re barely into March, but Sean Duffy may already have clinched the title of World’s Dumbest Human for 2013.

    –alopecia