Chart of the Day

The cable news networks are very concerned about the effects sequestration will have on average Americans White House tours.

WHToursConcernTrolling

It’s hard to imagine much of a future for dedicated cable news channels as a professional medium when you see things like this.

This entry was posted in The Media and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Christopher Foxx

    It’s hard to imagine much of a future for dedicated cable news channels as a professional medium when you see things like this.

    On the contrary, looks to me like the future for the cable news is bright. They’re making a clear play to entertain their base, which usually works quite well.

    What, you thought the were going to keep trying to inform the general populace? When there’s a profit motive at stake?

    • JMAshby

      What you said and what I said are not contradictory. Entertainment != professional medium.

      • Christopher Foxx

        Fair enough.

  • Scopedog

    You have got to be shitting me.

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Television news is dead!
    Earlier this week I was ranting about over $9.0 billion lost due to fraud and waste on rebuilding projects in Iraq. CNN didn’t cover the story at all while NPR gave it only 12:10 minutes, MSNBC gave it only 10:41 minutes and Fox gave it 18 seconds or so.
    http://mediamatters.org/blog/2013/03/11/blackout-networks-ignore-report-finding-ma
    TeeVee news is ‘for profit’ entertainment and no longer part of the fourth estate.