Crisis Averted

Tennessee lawmakers were very, very concerned that they may have been infiltrated by the Muslims. More specifically, Muslims who want to wash their feet.

Building managers and legislative staffers have sought to reassure some concerned Tennessee lawmakers that recent renovations at the state Capitol did not install special facilities for Muslims to wash their feet before praying.

“I confirmed with the facility administrator for the State Capitol Complex that the floor-level sink installed in the men’s restroom outside the House Chamber is for housekeeping use,” Legislative Administration Director Connie Ridley wrote in an email. “It is, in layman’s terms, a mop sink.” [...]

Republican Sen. Bill Ketron, R-Murfreesboro, confirmed that he had spoken to Humphrey about whether there were religious reasons for the new sink after the issue was raised by Rep. Judd Matheny, R-Tullahoma.

Is that a diabolical Muslim foot bath are you just here to clean my floors? We must get to the bottom of this.

My question is this — if it was a Muslim foot bath, so what?

This entry was posted in Religion, Wingnuts and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Everyone one of these right-wing crises turns out to be Manti Te’o’s girlfriend.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    There’s not enough tinfoil in Tennessee to wrap these whackadoodles up in.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Murfreesboro was also the town that tried to prevent a mosque from being built.

    I love how these Podunk Appalachian towns all think they’re on Al Qaeda’s top ten hit list.

    “Quick, Jessup! Cover the still afore them Aye-rabs try to blow it up!”

    Funny how they forget that Jesus on at least two occasions had his feet washed and perfumed before a meal. OMG, was Jesus a Muslim? Idjits