It’s Killing Mitt Romney

In his interview with Fox News this Sunday, the unexceptional Mitt Romney opened up about all manner of issues we’re facing today, but also reminded people of his passion for leading the 47% who want to take what he has, saying:

“I wish I were there.  It kills me not to be there, not to be in the White House doing what needs to be done.”

Golly he wishes he was leading so badly! Oooh! It’s killing him! But what needs to be done that is killing Mitt Romney and his undying love for leading America? What should a real president be doing to steer the country out of this ditch, Mitt?

“The president is the leader of the nation.  The president brings people together, does the deals, does the trades, knocks the heads together; the president leads and I don’t see that kind of  leadership happening right now,” said Romney.

“He’s campaigning,” he added.

Mitt Romney could have been that leader. The leader of a nation– doing the deals; doing the trades; knocking the heads together. President Obama, unfortunately is out there campaigning for a third term, unlike Mitt Romney who is out there freelancing as a bottomless cup of wisdom, offering up his free advice on sequester:

“There should be a deal done here and it should be not just solving the short-term sequester issue, but dealing with the long-term fiscal challenge that America has…”

“I see this as this huge opportunity and it’s being squandered by politics, by people who are more interested in a political victory than they are in doing what’s right for the country.”

Huge opportunity to get in on the ground floor of dirt floors, America. Mitt Romney wouldn’t have squandered the opportunity to stand up to the scourge of politics. In his whole life of campaigning for public office, he’s never seen so much squandering of opportunities. This is unexceptional!

On Immigration:

“People who have come here illegally should not be given a special pathway to permanent residency or citizenship in this country merely because they’ve come here illegally.”

No special pathways, illegals! You and your anchor babies are beneath the 47%!

On winning over minority voters, Mitt Romney admitted that he was not “effective in taking my message primarily to minority voters.”

“That was a real weakness,” he said.

Still seemingly oblivious as to why that would be. Effective messaging was a weakness and he would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn’t been for those meddling beliefs caught on camera!

Mitt Romney went on to say that he “isn’t going to disappear.” Apparently, there’s still much more work to be done to drive this country back into the ditch and hand it over to the private sector.

This entry was posted in Congress, Jobs, Rebranding, Republican Party, Stupid Party, The Economy, Wingnuts and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    Prior to the election…….actually, prior to the beginning of the Republican primaries, I had no real feelings about this creep. Certainly I didn’t hate the guy.

    Now, however, I loathe/hate this criminally creepy 1%er with most fibers of my being. He really needs to fade the fuck away. Yesterday.

  • muselet

    Mitt Romney really doesn’t do introspection well, does he?

    Looking back at his presidential bid, Romney said he was hurt by his inability to win over minority votes and over his “47 percent” remarks.

    Romney said his campaign was not “effective in taking my message primarily to minority voters.”

    “That was a real weakness,” he said.

    Ya think?

    Romney also said his remark that “47 percent” of Americans believed they were “victims” and expected government to provide for them was an “unfortunate statement.”

    “It’s not what I meant. I didn’t express myself as I wished I would have. You know, when you speak in private, uh, you don’t spend as much time thinking about how something could be twisted and distorted and — and it could come out wrong and be used,” he said.

    “That hurt. There’s no question that hurt and did real damage to my campaign,” he continued.

    Mitt Romney had plenty of time before last November’s election to clarify his 47 percent comment, but did not do so. Wonder why that was?

    “I’m not going to disappear,” he added.

    Stop threatening us, Romney!

    –alopecia

  • Nefercat

    “On winning over minority voters, Mitt Romney admitted that he was not “effective in taking my message primarily to minority voters.””

    Aw, don’t be so hard on yourself, Mittster. The one thing you did effectively was take your message (“fuck you, peasants”) not only to minority voters, but to all the other ones as well. Sadly, only 47% of them liked your message.

  • fry1laurie

    Mittens still has the problem he had in his campaign. Lots of “we should blah, blah, blah,” but not one concrete proposal to accomplish those goals.

  • http://twitter.com/UltraVerified UltraVerified

    What a damned toad, It goes without saying he has no respect for Barack Obama because he’s a damned sore loser, but Mitt Romney shows no respect whatsoever for the Office of President, either.

  • http://www.facebook.com/jlaing3 James Laing

    Even the schadenfreude is getting old… go away Mitt!!!!

  • D_C_Wilson

    Wait, didn’t Tagg say that his dad never really wanted to be president?

    BTW, the “Obama is campaigning” is this week’s talking point. Rush used it too. For some reason, they think it’s an effective strategy as opposed say, negotiation and compromise.

  • JMAshby

    I read this post while half drunk and it took me right back to last fall. Oh I’m so hopeless.

  • JMAshby

    Clearly Romney should have taken a page from the Rubio playbook and danced a jig while reciting Tupac before recruiting members of congress into his gangnam style harlem shake music video.

  • JMAshby

    Here’s to Mitt Romney not disappearing. Keep talking, please! You’re the embodiment — the epitome — of the 1%. And your country needs you.

    http://youtu.be/Leo74b3rqXQ

    • mrbrink

      So good. It feels right with the universe.

  • JoyP

    I wonder if the “new” Republican party likes having Mitt front and center reminding the American people why they lost the Presidency, Senate and seats in the House? Besides, he really didn’t want the job, at least not as much as Ann wanted him to have it.

    If you look up squandered in the dictionary it has Romney’s picture. Think about it….this guy has all the money in the world, good looks, a good legacy from his father, a strong supportive family, and connections to a lot of powerful people. Instead of doing something good with that life, what has he done? He could, literally, never work another day in his life if he chose not to. He could spend all of his time on charity, helping others. Why can’t he do what Gates is doing and help put an end to Malaria? Or help house the homeless like Carter? Or just give some of that money to children’s charities like Buffet? Or start something to help those with MS because his wife suffers from it? But not the Mittster. Instead he’s spending his time whining about losing and dissing the guy who did win and who is doing something to make people’s lives better. Romney needs to STFU and go do something useful.