Jeb Bush: Historian Of The Future!

Jeb Bush is making the rounds today, pushing his book, “Immigration Wars: Forging An American Solution,” on five shows, stopping by Meet The Press to remind the country what terrible judgers we are, that his father and brother, George, are really just misunderstood and history will bear this out, saying:

“In his four years as president a lot of amazing accomplishments took place,” said Jeb Bush, the son of former President George H.W. Bush, during an interview on NBC’s Meet the Press.  ”So my guess is that history will be kind to my brother, the further out you get from this and the more people compare his tenure to what’s going on now.”

Amazing accomplishments! That’s how you sell it, babe!

But if that wasn’t enough Bush for one Sunday, he also stopped by Face The Nation to remind the country that President Obama has divided us so, and the last election proves it, saying:

“I think the basic part of his campaign was that those that were successful weren’t paying their fair share, even though we have incredibly high taxes for high income Americans,” Bush said on CBS News’ “Face The Nation.” “I think he ran a campaign of them and us. And it was quite effective, that somehow the Republicans don’t care about the large number of people.”

Had nothing to do with their tax policies, hatred of Obamacare, bizarre attacks on women’s reproductive rights, elderly care, gay rights, religious tolerance, environmental issues, or the disdain they have all shown at one time or another for the working poor in this country, whether caught on tape or written on the walls. They still cannot admit fault, mistakes, or take responsibility for their poor decisions. That’s so Bush.

I remind you that it was Democrats who came together and rallied for Ronald Reagan’s landslide victories in the 80′s, and it was Democrats who gave George W. Bush the benefit of the doubt long after the lies and deception began to fall apart in front of our eyes. Even now, Jeb Bush is rewriting history and the lasting results of a whole country being taken advantage of is not lost on those of us who wish Republicans had just a drop of that bipartisan coming-together-juice for this President.

Democrats know how to rally around Republicans, while Republicans have turned the most dynamic and successful President in modern history in President Barack Obama into a scapegoat for all of their shortcomings. They turned against President Obama long before Day 1 and have never stopped trying to find unprecedented ways to hurt the country to hurt this president.

Jeb Bush went on to say, Republicans need to offer “a compelling alternative” to the President’s portrayal of the GOP, but the reality in which a majority of the country still lives seems to be of no concern to Republicans and Jeb Bush. Full speed ahead. No apologies, no mistakes, and “amazing accomplishments.” They say “history is written by the winners,” but sometimes history is rewritten by the sorest of losers.

This entry was posted in Economy, George W. Bush, History, Quote, Republican Party, Wingnuts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • http://www.facebook.com/jlaing3 James Laing

    Incredibly high taxes for Rich Americans????

  • http://www.facebook.com/jlaing3 James Laing

    HMMm, I wonder what he would of said about that Communist Eisenhower?

  • NOamnestyEVER

    yeah, now he has changed costumes and will hispander like an OBAMAnation for the LA RAZA SUPREMACY PARTY votes!
    MEXICANCANOCCUPATION.blogspot com

    • muselet

      Go away. Go far, far away.

      –alopecia

      • NOamnestyEVER

        Jeb
        Bush’s False-Flag Operation

        By Mark Krikorian

        March
        5, 2013 8:38 A.M.

        http://mexicanoccupation.blogspot com/2013/03/cecila-munz-la-raza-fascist-in-obamas.html

        • muselet

          Mark Krikorian? Seriously? “Hails of derisive laughter, Bruce!”

          Please go away. You’re making us sane gabachos look bad.

          –alopecia

        • 1933john

    “In his four years as president a lot of amazing accomplishments took place”

    Could someone please remind me as to exactly what those “amazing accomplishments” were?

    The Bush family has NO shame. And evidently, they think our memory of GWB’s 8 LONG years, has faded, and we will therefore be willing to put on a pair of unfashionable rose-colored glasses. I have news for him. If he decides to run in 2016 (and I believe that he will), he is going to get the crap beat out of him.

    • Victor_the_Crab

      “Could someone please remind me as to exactly what those “amazing accomplishments” were?”

      David Barton is hard at work writing those “accomplishments” up right now.

  • 1933john

    Jeb is WHITE and Obama isn’t. Jeb is just a Common Garden Variety Redneck Motherfucker who left Florida in a mess. Other than that, he might be kinda sorta maybe ok.

  • muselet

    Jeb is the smart Bush brother. Right?

    “In four years as president a lot of amazing accomplishments took place”

    GHW Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act into law. He reauthorized the Clean Air Act. He signed the START I treaty with the Soviet Union. And … erm … I’m drawing a blank here.

    “So my guess is that history will be kind to my brother, the further out you get from this and the more people compare his tenure to what’s going on now.”

    Sounds like wishful thinking to me. And that “what’s going on now” jab is particularly egregious.

    As for his analysis of the 2012 election, that’s the bog-standard Republican line. If there’s an R who’s said anything other than that, I’ve missed his/her comments.

    I don’t mind Jeb Bush defending his father and brother—on a purely human level, I’d think less of him if he didn’t—but doing so in service of a 2016 presidential bid is awfully shameless.

      Yeah, I liked that. George W. Bush handing off a smoldering pile of rubble called an economy built upon credit default swaps, war profiteering, and IOUs is certainly preferable to “what’s going on now,” what with all the record corporate profits, expansion of healthcare, expanded civil rights protections, record high DOW, recovering housing market, steady job claims, or the lack of 9/11s that they promised if we elected a Democrat to office would seem like much less of an “amazing accomplishment” compared to the awe-inspiring family of monumental fuck ups that is the Bush family.