Men With Micro-Phalluses Intimidate Women and Children

A rally held yesterday by Mayor’s Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action in Indianapolis, Indiana was interrupted by several men with fully loaded penis extensions slung over their shoulders in full view of women and children. Because Freedom.

More from ThinkProgress

The armed men — who were later joined by another man carrying a hand gun and a woman who runs Indiana Moms Against Gun Control — insisted that they had a right to carry the loaded weapons. [...]

A member of Moms Demand Action said that she felt unsettled by their presence and said that the organizers would have to think twice before holding another event, particularly one where children could be present.

Who is to say the penis-extension toting men are handling the guns safely? Who can say with certainty that they won’t accidentally shoot themselves or an innocent bystander? Who is to say they won’t traumatize small children?

There are too many variables and unknowns to justify carrying a loaded rifle into a crowded public event. At best you’re being irresponsible, and at worst, if your ultimate goal is to intimidate, you’re just an asshole and bordering on meeting the definition of a terrorist.

This entry was posted in Ethics, Gun Fetishists, Guns and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • trgahan

    “..member of Moms Demand Action said that she felt unsettled by their presence and said that the organizers would have to think twice before holding another event, particularly one where children could be present.”

    To the D-bags who brought the loaded guns, this is mission accomplished. It was intimidation, pure and simple. Their “freedom” is really about the rest of us giving up ours.

  • GrafZeppelin127

    When one of these heroes shows up in public fully armed, someone asks him why, and he says, “Because I have a right to,” I wish someone would respond, “Well, you also have a right to show up wearing fishnets and a Cyndi Lauper wig; why didn’t you do that?”

  • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1006427103 Doug Walsh

    I get it, their 2nd amendment rights trump the 1st amendment rights of women and children. I love how these “gun nuts” think by doing this they are making everyone feel safe. I don’t trust any of these people with their guns and neither should anyone else.

    • muselet

      I love how these “gun nuts” think by doing this they are making everyone feel safe.

      Ah, but they don’t think—or often say—that. Usually, they say they’re doing it to educate the public about gun rights or to prove guns aren’t at all scary or intimidating.

      Not that those explanations are any less insane, mind you.

      And I don’t trust the gun-toting yahoos on that video as far as I can throw a fit.

      –alopecia

  • formerlywhatithink

    If the African American guy in the video was the one carrying a loaded AR-15, they’d have been a phalanx of cops on the scene immediately with some “serious and concerned” questions for him.

  • mrbrink

    See that. They show up when they’re uninvited and stick around even though they’re anti-social degenerates. And no one is discriminating against them because of race, or sexual orientation, but because they’re mentally unstable, insensitive, apocalyptic, and brandishing weapons. This is how we get the laws that allow grown children to show up in public and threaten peaceful demonstrators with gun violence if they try anything funny.

    You would think that a government and society so oppressive to warrant such intimidating displays of white power would have taken a flamethrower to the people who show up flashing their fearful and cowering little death cocks on the street corner, and around their kids, no less. Nope. No luck. Turns out it’s legal to have a severe personality disorder and carry a gun around in public. If you’re looking to prevent mental cases from having guns, we could start with the nuts who keep showing up with their guns.

  • zirgar

    They demand we all be assured of their good intentions and capable handling of their firearms, so they make the point of carrying their weapons in an open and obvious manner. And why is this important to them? Because they’re not certain about OTHER people’s intentions and handling of THEIR firearms, and they want them to KNOW it. Odd, huh? This could never be a recipe for disaster, right?

    god. I hate these people.