No Water Beyond This Point

Knives On A Plane

Artist – John Darkow

In other news, NASA announced today that the Curiosity rover has found conditions that could have once supported life on Mars.

PASADENA, Calif. — An analysis of a rock sample collected by NASA’s Curiosity rover shows ancient Mars could have supported living microbes.

Scientists identified sulfur, nitrogen, hydrogen, oxygen, phosphorus and carbon — some of the key chemical ingredients for life — in the powder Curiosity drilled out of a sedimentary rock near an ancient stream bed in Gale Crater on the Red Planet last month.

This entry was posted in Open Thread, Space and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • 1933john

    Climate change?

  • mrbrink

    Curiosity will have to stumble upon on a nest of scarabs guarding the wormhole to an ancient galactic ruler’s tomb for most Americans to feel like discovering life on other planets is worth it.

    I’m constantly amazed at the fact that there is a little WALL-E- like robot with an American flag on it roaming around Mars. I’m easily tickled and amused, I guess.

    • muselet

      You’re not the only one. This is good stuff.

    Can we send Paul Ryan and Glen Greenwald there?

    • muselet

      Still too close. I vote for Pluto.

      –alopecia