Our Secret Is Out

Bill O’Reilly has uncovered the secret motivations behind the liberal War on Easter.

At 1:15

Secular progressives are running wild with President Obama in the White House. They feel unchained, liberated, and they’re trying to diminish any form of religion. The goal is to marginalize religious opposition to secular programs. For example, in Canada and China a woman can have an abortion for any reason at any time. Secular progressives want that here. But traditional forces in America are in opposition. Therefore in this country, you can’t terminate a baby about to be born without a damn good reason. And if you do abort a late term baby, you could be charged with murder. SPs hate that. In Scandanavia there are laws that say you cannot criticize minorities and if you do, you could be arrested. Secular progressives want laws like that here. Also the legalization of drugs, well under way in many places, and that is a secular cause. So if the far left can marginalize Santa and the Easter bunny, if they can tell the children those symbols are obsolete and unnecessary, they then set the stage for a totally secular society in the future. That’s what you have in Scandinavia. That’s why the Easter bunny is on the run here in America.

To recap — we liberals have declared war on Easter and Christmas because our ultimate goal is to create a society where you can smoke a doobie while getting an abortion while opining that minorities just love Free Stuff.

Picard and Riker Facepalm

Considering Bill O’Reilly’s lamentations over his inability to criticize minorities free of consequence, one may be given pause to consider that he’s simply projecting his inner most desires onto “secular progressives.”

With that said — if being a secular progressive means you disagree with forcing your religious beliefs and traditions on non-believers or people of different faiths, count me as one of them. Count me as one of them if being a secular progressive means you disagree with basing public policy on a set of beliefs that are more often used to affirm the white male power structure than they are for spiritual worship.

By the way, you can walk into any supermarket in America right now and see for yourself that the Easter Bunny isn’t going anywhere. And then there’s this.

According to the National Retail Federation, the average American will spend approximately $145 on Easter candy and decor in 2013 which is on par with Easter spending in 2012. Spending on Easter in 2012 was up 11 percent from 2011 and far above levels seen during the Bush administration.

Easter spending has gone up since President Obama took office. Are the secular progressives “running wild” or not?

This entry was posted in Religion, Wingnuts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    “So if the far left can marginalize Santa and the Easter bunny, if they can tell the children those symbols are obsolete and unnecessary, they then set the stage for a totally secular society in the future.”

    Uh, Bill, Santa Claus and the Easter bunny *are* secular symbols, you dumb, er, bunny. Presents! Candy! That’s what Santa and the Easter bunny represent to millions adults and children who don’t think twice about the religious meaning of those holidays.

    Make up your mind as to what you are whining about the bad ol’ left taking away from you.

  • zirgar

    So, big bad Christian stalwart O’Reilly is afraid liberals will make Santa and the Easter Bunny obsolete? The irony of this statement is on overload. I forget, wasn’t there supposed to be a Jesus in there somewhere? Well, thanks to the marketing genius of merchants and advertisers, it looks like they’ve removed the real meaning of these holidays, taken the focus off Jesus and put it on pagan symbols, but since that’s the free-market working its magic, well, it’s all good. I love the right; it’s wrong on everything.

  • http://www.osborneink.com OsborneInk

    Someone should tell O’Reilly that Easter is a Catholic adaptation of Ostara, the pagan holiday. In fat, the Easter Bunny is a pagan icon. So by his logic, secular progressives are at war with a pagan icon from pre-Christian Celtic mythology.

  • http://twitter.com/wil68 Wil Broussard

    O’Reilly’s going further and further off the deep end. Secular progressives attacking sacred religious symbols like Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny? Get a grip, Bill!

  • muselet

    Bill O’Reilly needs to change his meds. The Miltowns aren’t working for him any more.

    –alopecia

  • linusbern

    Lets see if I have this straight, the far left is trying to marginalize Santa and the Easter bunny as an attack on the religious nature of Christmas and Easter? Which religion considers Santa and Easter Bunny to be sacred again? I thought Santa and the Easter bunny existed so that secular people could participate in the holidays, but what do I know. Lets all kneel and worship the sacred bunny of Easter.

    • Nefercat

      For comfort, make sure to kneel on a bed of green plastic straw.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    So how’s the traditional marriage working out for ya, Billy boy?