Priebus and Rubio Are in Agreement

“Listen, I don’t think our platform is the issue. I think a lot of times it’s some of these biologically stupid things that people say, you know, that I believe caused a lot of the problems.” -RNC Chairman Reince Priebus

Marco Rubio and Reince Priebus are clearly operating on the same page here. Why else would Rubio demand that we defund Obamacare in exchange for keeping the government running unless he believes there was nothing wrong with their platform in 2012?

What Todd Akin said about “legitimate rape” was horrible and certainly garnered a lot of bad press, but I’m not convinced his batshittery did more than cost the party a seat in the Senate. Nationally, “legitimate rape” was only the tip of the iceberg. And implying that women making false accusations of rape is an existential problem is far more egregious than merely saying something “biologically stupid.”

Demanding that immigrants self-deport, demanding that we repeal Obamacare, demanding that we give another tax cuts to millionaires and billionaires, demanding that we deny women access to reproductive healthcare, and demanding that we restrict voting rights, among other numerous things, were more than enough to cost Republicans the election without Akin’s help.

But, as we say around here — keep going! You’re doing great!

War on Women Fiction

This entry was posted in Election 2012, Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    The only way the Rs will come to realize their platform most certainly is the problem is if they get routed in the next three election cycles. If they gain seats—or lose only a small number of seats—at any level of government in any one of those three elections, we’ll see yet more insanity out of them.

    And if one of those elections goes the way 2010 did, the country will look back fondly at 2013 as the Good Old Days of Bipartisan Good Feelings and Cooperation.

    –alopecia