Quote of the Morning

Dear Senator Paul:

It has come to my attention that you have now asked an additional question: “Does the President have the authority to use a weaponized drone to kill an American not engaged in combat on American soil?” The answer to that question is no.

Sincerely,

Eric H. Holder, Jr.

Ashby posted the actual letter yesterday, but considering the debates and screeching I’ve endured for the last 48 hours, I thought I’d post the content of the letter again. And, of course, this exactly confirms my analysis from my last two columns: the president doesn’t have the authority to kill American citizens on American soil unless they’re engaged in an attack like 9/11 or Pearl Harbor.

So seriously, can those of you who kneejerked into “Obama can kill YOU any time he wants! IEEEE!” settle down a little bit now? And can you admit that you were wrong in your analysis of the first Holder letter? Sheesh.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    Right wingers fear that Obama will use drones on U.S. citizens IN the U.S., because they believe Obama considers America foreign soil…

    • Ned F

      No, it’s because Obama will use drones against those who won’t surrender their guns after nationwide forced registration. Get your facts straight.

      • Clancy

        This is why Obama doesn’t want us to exercise our Second Amendment right to possess a weaponized drone to protect our homes from roving bands of gangs in the zombie apocolypse.

    • GrafZeppelin127

      I think it’s because, deep in the recesses of their own id and their own darkest thoughts, they would like to have the power to kill anyone and everyone who “disagrees with” them. Deep down in there, they secretly wished that George W. Bush had used that power to kill “liberals” and anyone else who didn’t support the Iraq war. Now they’re on the receiving end of those fantasies they harbored a decade ago and are afraid that the rest of us are having the same thoughts now. Combine that with an intense desire to feel heroic, and voilà.

      • MrDHalen

        Total Projection!

        The passive aggressive jokes about how they would like to “deal with” liberals and progressives in this country, feels more like water testing than fleets of the imagination. So much twisted hate!

    “And can you admit that you were wrong in your analysis of the first Holder
    letter? Sheesh.”

    Seriously? These people are going to hold on to it like it’s gold trying to slip through their net. They aren’t liberals, they are Republican Lite. They do this with every issue where they sense even a tiny amount of ambiguity.

    And, they hate Obama.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    But, but, but, but, but, but, but… THE DRONNNNNES!!!!!