Quote of the Morning

“We need Ted Kennedy. It’s hard for a guy like me to say, but Ted would reach across the aisle and say ‘for the good of the country’ we need to solve this problem. You need some people stepping up like that.” Sam Brownback

And so does the president (reach across the aisle). Ask any progressive and they’ll tell you he does it way, way too often. Meanwhile, what have the Republicans done? Filibustered everything.

This entry was posted in Quote and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • i_am_allwrite

    This from the guy who is bankrupting his state to prove a point. He’ll probably never even get blamed by his constituents–at least, not the ones who attended public schools in Kansas. When it falls to Sam Brownback to be the voice of reason, yeah, we’re fucked.

  • http://doran.pacifist.net/ Doran

    The one thing Kennedy would do is raise his voice. If he were alive today he’d be telling the GOP, loudly, that they are full of it. The President has been doing it a bit lately, and when he does the public supports him. But he needs to do it more. And other Democrats, in both houses of Congress, need to start calling out the bullshit.

  • Christopher Foxx

    Typical Brownback. Looking for someone else to step up.

  • Draxiar

    Unfortunately reaching across the aisle for Republicans means giving them absolutely everything they want and the credit for legislation that works (even if it wasn’t their idea).

  • Nefercat

    “…Ted would reach across the aisle and say ‘for the good of the country’ we need to solve this problem. You need some people stepping up like that.” Sam Brownback”

    What’s stopping you, Sam?

  • KABoink_after_wingnut_hacker

    Sam Brownback is just another incompetent republican boob in charge of another welfare red state. Needless to say he is opposing healthcare exchanges outlined in the ACA in spite of more than 60% of Kansas citizens wanting expanded Medicaid coverage mandated in the act. Yeah, Sam is the man to listen to about the best interests of Americans and the spirit of cooperation.
    Also too; his state receives $1.13 for every federal tax dollar they contribute and Brownback was wrong by over 2 billion dollars in his last budget after he spent months painting a rosy fiscal picture of his policies based on divisive partisan horseshit.
    Crawl back in your crabhole Sam.