Quote of the Morning

“I’m not gay. So I’m not going to marry one.” Sen. Saxby Chambliss (R-GA)

This might be the worst thing he’s done since accusing Max Cleland, a triple amputee decorated Vietnam war veteran, of being unpatriotic for opposing the Iraq War. Here’s to hoping the karma itches and stings.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Nefercat

    Isn’t that the developmental stage of an infant? The baby *is* the universe? When the baby can’t see mommy, she doesn’t exist?

    Chamberpot, I mean Chambliss, isn’t gay so he isn’t going to marry one. Because Chambliss doesn’t see the issue, it doesn’t exist, therefore it is not a problem that gay people can’t marry the person they love. Their problem cannot exist, because it doesn’t exist in Chambliss’s universe (the galactic spaces in his cranium).

  • Christopher Foxx

    Chambliss can be fairly disgusting but, sorry, this time I don’t get the offense. He’s not gay, and he’s not going to marry someone who is. I’m not Jewish, and I’m not going to attend synagogue this week. Is my acknowledging that fact somehow insulting to Jews?

    What am I missing?

    • muselet

      What am I missing?

      Context.

      The proper simile would be something like: Jewish people are prohibited by law from attending synagogue; I’m not Jewish, and I’m not going to attend synagogue this week.

        Thanks, muselet/alopecia. I figured there was some context missing. “I’m not gay and don’t want to marry a gay person, therefore you shouldn’t be allowed to either.” certainly is an objectionable comment.

        Note to Bob: If you want folks to look at the “quote of the day” and get the point you’re trying to make, you should provide sufficient context.

          Sorry I didn’t spell it out for you like a 4-year-old.

          Chambliss was clearly implying that he doesn’t support
          marriage equality because he’s not gay. Any other interpretation is
          nearsighted.

          • Christopher Foxx

            I state my confusion and ask for clarification. I even agreed the sentiment is objectionable (i.e., I agree with you).

            So was the insult necessary? Could you not have simply left out the first paragraph? Why should I expect reasonable discussion when I disagree with you on something you wrote when you take that tack?

    • http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1583135820 Amy Stone

      I too thought the quote was implying that “he won’t marry one, because he’s not gay, but YOU can.” Then I found out it was Saxby Chambliss…

  • Victor_the_Crab

    I want karma to give Saxby Chambliss a slow, painful cancer for all the shit he’s pulled.