Quote of the Morning

“Any Christian who refuses to recognize that man wants to upend God’s order will have to be driven from the national conversation. They will be labeled bigots and ultimately criminals…Once the world decides that real marriage is something other than natural or Godly, those who would point it out must be silenced and, if not, punished. The state must be used to do this. Consequently, the libertarian pipe dream of getting government out of marriage can never ever be possible.

Within a year or two we will see Christian schools attacked for refusing to admit students whose parents are gay. We will see churches suffer the loss of their tax exempt status for refusing to hold gay weddings. We will see private businesses shut down because they refuse to treat as legitimate that which perverts God’s own established plan. In some places this is already happening.” CNN contributor Erick Erickson

Ah yes. Same-sex marriage will destroy the world. IEEEE!

Wrong. Side. Of. History.

This entry was posted in LGBT, Quote and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • zirgar

    And when I think of the concepts of “Godly” or “Christ-like,” Erick Erickson immediately comes to mind.

  • kushiro -

    Erick has a point. Where you liberals see a bigot, he just sees someone who justifiably hates people who are different from them in characteristics like sex, race, beliefs or sexual orientation.

    • muselet

      Erick has a point.

      If he wears a hat, no one will notice.

      –alopecia

      • kushiro -

        I imagine the point is made up of all the flesh that wasn’t used to make lips. That’s quite the gaping maw on the guy.

  • muselet

    What a whiner.

    Within a year or two we will see Christian schools attacked for refusing
    to admit students whose parents are gay.

    That might happen, to the extent that “attacked” is limited to verbal criticism.

    We will see churches suffer
    the loss of their tax exempt status for refusing to hold gay weddings.

    That won’t. That has never happened and it never will. Not even a straight couple can compel their church to marry them. (Why is no one pointing that out?)

    We will see private businesses shut down because they refuse to treat as
    legitimate that which perverts God’s own established plan.

    That won’t happen either. And, “shut down” by whom? Who will, who can, shut down a business because it refuses to blah blah blah God something something?

    Why do people like this try so goddamned hard to feel like heroic victims? This combination of narcissism and paranoia is not healthy.

  • Zen Diesel

    Onward, Christian soldiers, marching as to war,
    With the cross of Jesus going on before.
    Christ, the royal Master, leads against the foe;
    Forward into battle see His banners go!

    Riding his Raptor of Course, lol…….The Jesus Warriors did not get the memo that Amurika was not founded on Judeo Christian values.

  • http://twitter.com/SugaRazor Razor

    Can we just shut down Christian schools and strip churches of tax-exempt status for fun?

  • Draxiar

    None of these jackasses that claim to know God’s plan look at what’s happening, like with Gay Marriage, and say, “Maybe this is God’s plan.” Nope, they look at it and say, “This is against God’s plan”. That’s how you know they use God only as a proxy for their own beliefs.

    • Scopedog

      It’s amazing, isn’t it? They claim to be following God and the words and deeds of Christ, His Son, but it’s clear that they have no clue about who Christ really was and how his words and actions are a clear opposite to their own.

      • Victor_the_Crab

        If Christ really did come back to Earth, those same people who claim to love him – i.e. Erickson and the American Christian right – would scream at him to “get a haircut and a job, you parasidic hippie!”

    • D_C_Wilson

      We create God in our own image, so it makes sense that he wants what we want and hates what we hate.

    “Any Christian who refuses to recognize that man wants to upend God’s order will have to be driven from the national conversation. ”

    Who died and made this a$$wipe the arbiter of who gets to be part of the national conversation? Moreover, who made him the arbiter of who is properly labeled “Christian”? The ignorance and ugliness of just this one sentence is breathtaking, never mind the rest of it.

    • Scopedog

      “Moreover, who made him the arbiter of who is properly labeled “Christian”?”

      Exactly. And as a Christian who’s in favor of gay marriage (who knows other Christians who feel the same way) I feel rather queasy about Mr. Erickson lumping me and others into his “coalition”.

      Then again, I feel the same way about Atheists who declare that _anyone_ who’s religious is a raving dumbass lunatic uninterested in the true power of science. Someone tell that to Freeman Dyson.

  • D_C_Wilson

    “We will see churches suffer the loss of their tax exempt status”

    You say that like it’s a bad thing.