Secretary Kerry Has Balls of Steel

I was admittedly a little skeptical about the wisdom of choosing John Kerry for Secretary of State, given the precarious balance of power in the Senate, but dammit he just won me over. Inciting the rage and ridicule of xenophobic conservatives, Kerry spoke — shock horror! — French in France.

By the way, it’s not difficult to know what the far-right “French” fixation is all about. They think France is gay. Same goes for the dog-whistle “San Francisco values.” They mean “gay.” So in addition to xenophobic — homophobic.

This entry was posted in John Kerry and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.
  • tienle

    Of course the fact that their ‘hero’ Willard Romney speaks French means nothing. Cough.

  • muselet

    Most Righties seem never to have learned anything about France except one piece of doggerel (“The French, they are a funny race …”). Everything else derives from that.

    They’re just jealous that the French have better cheese.

      Really? I always thought it was because they had better w(h)ine.

  • villemar

    For what it’s worth, Franco-American relations are at the best they’ve been in decades, under the Obama Administration. But a lot of this is sub-rosa, at least in the states. I love it because of the butthurt it generates. Vive le France!

  • joseph2004

    “the far-right “French” fixation….”
    wh..wh What?

    • Victor_the_Crab

      Might be due to the fact they have to put up with morons like you, joey imbecile.

  • kushiro -

    I’ll just leave this here:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nW1ksniKBWo

  • kushiro -

    True story: the first time I ever met anyone from France was in Rome. It was a couple: the man was mid-30s, fairly good-looking. The woman was in her 20s and seriously hot. We talked for about 20 minutes and then they invited me back to their apartment for a threesome. Being 16, from a small town, and with about a half-hour until curfew (it was a school trip), I declined.

    I am not sure whether or not I would have had the night of my life, or would have been bludgeoned and served for dinner, “Eating Raoul”-style. But I will always love the French.