Super Stupid

Holy crap. Another Republican didn’t get the outreach memo.

Rep. Don Young (R-AK) used an ethnic slur to describe Mexican farm workers in an interview with a local station KRBD on Thursday.

“My father had a ranch; we used to have 50-60 wetbacks to pick tomatoes,” he said while discussing economic trends of the last few decades. “It takes two people to pick the same tomatoes now. It’s all done by machine.”

Uh. Wetbacks? Really?

This entry was posted in Immigration, Racism, Super Stupid and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • Zen Diesel

    Good Job Republicans, keep up the good work with your public outreach to Latinos.

    Modern republicans are nothing if not stupid. Really freaking CRAZY stupid.

  • Lady Willpower

    That tent’s getting bigger all the time.

  • Treading_Water

    To be fair, he totally meant it in a non-discriminatory, non-insulting way. Just funny old Uncle Don, talkin’ all old-timey like in the good ol’ days of America, when you could use any kind of language you wanted and those people wouldn’t dare speak up.