The Bubble Genius Bob & Chez Show 3/14/13

bcs_mini_drone

More Drone Hysteria; Huff Post Commenter Outrage; Drones Versus Toys; Chez Versus David Sirota; CPAC Crazy Quotes from Gohmert, Allen West and Marco Rubio; Republicans Can’t Let Go of Old News; Ted Cruz and Birtherism; Anti-Gay Marriage and Anti-Miscegenation; Republicans Target ‘Obama Phones’; and much more. Brought to you by Bubble Genius and the BobCesca.com Amazon Link.

There’s more political talk in this week’s After Party! Friday at Noon eastern time. If you’re not a member, subscribe already. Only $6/month, cancel any time.

Download the mp3 (55 minutes, 23mb)
RSS Feed

Bubble Genius

This entry was posted in Bob and Chez Show, Radio Show and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.
  • muselet

    Dear lord, Bob, comments at HuffPo? Depending on the story, I may—may—read the first page of comments, but the stupid and the crazy build up too quickly there for me to make a habit of it.

    I honestly don’t understand the obsession some people have with small, domestically-used drones like the Maveric. If it’s the word “drone,” let’s call them something innocuous like “fluffy bunnies.” Then let’s establish legal guidelines and protocols for their use and move on to more important things.

    Actually, I tell a lie: some people’s obsession with domestic “fluffy bunnies” is clearly linked to narcissism. “Oh, I’m so very important that The Big Bad Government is wants to know what I’m up to.” (No, you’re not, and no, it doesn’t.) David Sirota would be crushed if he ever found out he’s not under 24-hour remote surveillance.

    Bob, Charles Johnson and David Frum are apostates. They have strayed from The One True Path and so must be shunned by Decent, Right-Thinking People. You’re not in that category, partly because what in the sphincter of hell is liberal orthodoxy? and partly because you’re a rational, independent thinker.

    Groupthink exists wherever there are groups. Pushing back against it—or at least trying to redirect it—can be like pushing a rope, but it has to be done.

    Louie Gohmert hasn’t had an original thought in his life. That he’s parroting the old “Vietnam was winnable” line should come as a surprise to no one, and neither should the return of fearmongering about the “Soviets.” (As the song says, everything old is new again.)

    Benghazigate dying out? Chez, you poor, deluded sap, made-up scandals never die out. I can’t find a link right now, but it was reported this morning the Rs started threatening to subpoena survivors of the attack.

    As a rule of thumb, any time someone declares that s/he is not a bigot, it’s a safe bet that person is a bigot.

    “We don’t need a new idea. The idea is America, and it still works.” Marco Rubio is trying out campaign slogans for 2016.

    I’ve come to the conclusion the Right is incapable of the introspection necessary to change its positions. Yes, there are Lefties who have that same limitation, but they are few in number and they are idiots (with apologies to Dwight Eisenhower).

    Forty-nine cents a month? Forty-nine cents a month? Bob, that’s one small cup of something unpleasant at Starbucks every year! Scandal! (Oy.)

      Brilliant as always. Thanks!

  • https://www.facebook.com/bronc.drywall JohnF

    I haven’t heard anyone say Vietnam was winnable since…well… I have to go back to Otto in ‘A Fish Called Wanda’ to find that.