This Keeps Getting Better and Better

The Paul Ryan budget is already a laughing stock and it hasn’t even been officially unveiled yet.

As you may recall, the Romney Ryan campaign made the misleading claim during the 2012 campaign that the Obama administration cut $700 billion from Medicare, implying that seniors may be left without healthcare. And if we take Paul Ryan at his word — he’s going to propose embracing those cuts tomorrow when he officially debuts his budget.

When he unveils his budget plan this week, Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) will complete a 720-degree flip on President Obama’s cuts to Medicare providers in the Affordable Care Act.

As he revealed on “Fox News Sunday,” Ryan’s upcoming budget will sustain the cuts.

“We end the raid and we apply those savings to Medicare to make Medicare more solvent and extend the solvency of the Medicare trust fund,” he said.

Far from being the only clownish thing to be included in Ryan’s epic new budget, it will also assume the repeal of Obamacare. And while I may be very amused by this notion, the true absurdity of it can only be appreciated by witnessing Chris Wallace’s reaction which I would describe as a blank stare into the abyss of idiocy and a very matter-of-fact “that’s not going to happen.”

(Note: this may be one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen)

At 1:05

WALLACE: Are you saying that as part of your budget you would repeal — you assume the repeal of Obamacare?

RYAN: Yes.

WALLACE: Well that’s not going to happen.

34th time’s a charm, right?

This entry was posted in Healthcare and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

    I’m shocked! I mean, did I just see Wallace actually engage in journalism?

    • D_C_Wilson

      Sometimes, his father’s genes scream so loudly that they penetrate all the republican indoctrination and switch his brain on.

      It doesn’t happen often, but every now and then.

  • Victor_the_Crab

    If at 34th you don’t succeed, try, try again.

    Jesus Fuck but there’s a Wile E. Coyote mentality that’s been going on, far too long, with today’s Republicans

    • Christopher Foxx

      The definition of insanity is…

  • Treading_Water

    Along with Obamacare, they also need to defund ACORN. Again.

  • D_C_Wilson

    Ryan is also recycling the “repeal and replace (just don’t ask us with what)” mantra. This is right up there with his refusal to explain the math behind his budget plan (even though he’s supposed to be the party’s numbers guy) during the campaign and just insisted that we take his word for it that it was “revenue neutral”.

    When are the villagers going to realize that this guy is an empty suit with no clue about anything?